Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live near Klamath Falls and I was wondering if any one knows of some private farmland that the land owners don't mind us hunting the property. We are always very cautious and respectful when we hunt.

· Registered
422 Posts
Guys that know of private land to hunt aren't going to give it up to others - too hard to come by. I have a ranch near Merrill and I can tell you most of the private land worth hunting during regular season is hunted by friends, family and nieghbors in the K-Basin. There are a few lease clubs that are fairly inexpensive, but I've never heard good things about them or their club management from other hunters.

Unlike regular season, during the spring speck season many ranchers allow people to hunt, but you'll have to knock on some doors. Most ranchers feel public access was part of the "deal" allowing them to protect their crops with the depredation season. Some of the best spots are leased to guides, but there is plenty of decent opportunity for those who ask.

Brightside is there is plenty of public land with good shooting in the K-Basin, so you do have some options - a CA license is helpful as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.