Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a 4-1 Gamehide parka in Mossy Oak shadow grass as a prize at a sporting clays shoot.Can't wait for cold weather to get here!So what kind of outer wear do you guys take with you to the fields and marshes

·
Registered
721 Posts
I wear a Cabelas Northern flight 4 in 1 parka in Wetlands camo. I have worn it for the last three seasons now and it has been a great coat. The price was 99 bucks and its kept me warm and dry and you know as well as I do that it gets cold here in New England come December and January.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have Herters water proof ones. 1 is unlined and I use to put over a sweat shirt of similar. The other is a parka and I have bibs too-both water proof (sim to goretex) ALl in Fall Flight camo :thumbsup:

Too bad Herters is not around any more. They had good products at a reasonable price.

Fal Flight Camo is now only avaiulble from the FF website last time I chaecked ans was way expensive (like Columbia). :(

·
Registered
449 Posts
I purchased Herters 4 in 1 (Hudson Bay Series) on sale from cabela's last summer (like $89). Great deal on a very functional jacket--and then I moved to Las Vegas. :pissed: Good thing I do most of my hunting in the northern part of the state.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I know how you feel. I moved to southern washington and it was in the 60s on a lot of hunting days. I ended up wearing sweatshirts most the season. Still good coats though :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Gamehide is as good as it gets. Rain, Sleet, Snow, 5 degree weather with the water freezing around you wader boots. Never been cold with me Hodgman 1200 Duramag Waders, & Gamehide Wader Jacket. Just bring it on. cooter

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
For my B-Day, I got a wicked set up; a Columbia parka/pants in Max-4.....

I say to the weather ***....... BRING IT ON!!! :smile:

-Stouff

·
Registered
383 Posts
I also have a Gamehide 4 in 1, in new shadowgrass. Love it!!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
bgoldhunter said:
'ol yeller, love your avatar. That is one beautiful dog!
You can sometimes be as random as me!!! :salude:
-Stouff

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
bgoldhunter said:
she sure is photogenic!
You say it as it is like a sport skill or sumthin'........ :laughing:

Its cool dude, I think she is too!
-Stouff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts