Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mrgreen: I have always been interested in knowing what the seasons and limits were in the different areas of the country. Please enlighten me.

Out here in Northern/Central California, we usually start the season in shorts and t-shirts battling the mosquitos. I hunt opening day then wait until December to get serious about going out. Here are last seasons regulations on season and limits:

Seasons:
Ducks (except pintails and canvasbacks): 93 Day Straight Season
October 30, 2004 through January 30, 2005
Pintails: 60 Day Split Season
October 30, 2004 through November 7, 2004 and December 11, 2004 through January 30, 2005
Canvasbacks: 60 Day Straight Season
December 2, 2004 through January 30, 2005
Geese: 93 Day Straight Season
October 30, 2004 through January 30, 2005
Special Youth Hunt Days: February 5 and 6, 2005
**NOTE: Public refuges primarily shoot Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays

Limits:
Ducks: Daily bag limit: 7. Daily bag limit may contain not more than five mallards of which only one can be a female mallard; one pintail; one canvasback: two redheads; four scaup. Possession limit is double the daily bag limit.
Geese: Daily bag limit: 3. Only three may be dark geese of which only one may be a small Canada goose (Aleutian or cackling). Possession limit is double the daily bag limit.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
stalns - no harm done at all. No one cant possibly keep up with all that is posted on here. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
OK, how about how long is your season?

My wife would like to move out of maryland someday. I looked at TN and their duck seaosn was 1 month. :thumbsdown:

We can hunt geese in broken up periods from 9/1 to 2/15 and ducks in broken periods from 10/15 to 1/31

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Here in Nova Scotia we have 3 different hunting zones. Zone 1 Antigonish, Pictou, Colchester, Cumberland, Hants, Kings and Annapolis counties Oct. 1st to Dec. 31st no hunting on Sundays for ducks and geese with no additional seasons. Zone 2 Digby, Yarmouth, Shelburne, Queens, Lunenburg, Halifax, Guysborough, Cape Breton, Victoria, Inverness, and Richmond, except for the area described under Zone 3. Zone 3 means Bras-d'Or lake and all waters draining into Bras-d'Or Lake including waters on the lake side of the highway bridge on Great Bras-d'Or at Seal Islands (higway No. 105), at St. Peters Inlet (highway No. 4), and Bras-d'Or on St. Andrews Channel (highway No. 105). Zone 2 starts Oct. 8 to Dec. 31 for ducks, an additional season for Common and Red Breasted Mergansers, Oldsqaw( long tailed ducks), Eiders, and Scoters Oct. 1 to Oct. 7 and Jan. 1 to Jan. 7(in coastal waters only) Jan. 1 to Jan. 7 for scaup, goldeneyes, and buffelheads, Geese Oct. 8 to Jan. 15. Zone 3 Oct. 8 to Dec. 31 for ducks. Jan. 1 to Jan. 7 for mergansers, Scaup, Goldeneyes, and Buffleheads. Geese Oct. 8 to Jan. 15. Harlequen ducks are protected. Bag Limits are 6 ducks other than Common and Red-Breasted Mergansers, Eiders, Scoters, and Oldsqaw, only 4 may be Black Ducks. 5 Mergansers, Oldsqaw, Eiders, or Scoters combined and 5 Geese. Thats the seasons in a nut shell for here.

Keep your powder dry and your aim steady.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Christ, I thought California was confusing. :laughing:

What's that mean in english? :toofunny:

Any mallards?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I don't Know what it means in english but in French or South shore Dutch it aint pretty. :yes: I live and hunt in Zone 1 so I can get away with being dumb. :toofunny:

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.