Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP. I am getting married in the beginning of September of this year. I love hunting geese and my finance, he likes hunting ducks, so we chose hunting as our theme. For our center piece, we are using rose bowls, and I wanted to put plastic ducks or geese in them that can float. I have been looking for a couple of months everwhere and I'm having no luck. Can anyone help me please?
email = [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
I suggest buying a bunch of live ducklings and goslings and tether their feet to a sinker in the bowls. Be sure to have the string long enough so the ducks sit ABOVE the surface of the water. If the ducklings and goslings were below the water, they may drown and get weird looks from the guests. After the reception, people can take home the surviving waterfowl as pets and the deceased ones as a snack. Perhaps place a doggy bag at each table.
Yes I know the original post was dated June 27, 2004, but perhaps when they renew their vows or get remarried tr's wedding dream can come true of having ducks and geese in rose bowls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,059 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I really do need a little wedding advice.

Apparently I have to have a "groom's cake" and I'd like it to be of the waterfowl nature. Anyone have any pictures or ideas to put on a cake? (this is one decision that's all mine so I want the design to reek of hunting)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Mox,,, make the grooms cake look like a duck boat, with little hunters in it. Get some pictures from a magazine , and take them to the baker. This will be a sheet cake so you have plenty of room to work with. . Geez, a "groom " cake? What about a grooms kegger?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,696 Posts
mox said:
I know this is an old thread, but I really do need a little wedding advice.

Apparently I have to have a "groom's cake" and I'd like it to be of the waterfowl nature. Anyone have any pictures or ideas to put on a cake? (this is one decision that's all mine so I want the design to reek of hunting)
maybe the cake should look like your balls so when the bride cuts the cake the wedding will be symbolically complete
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,940 Posts
jehler said:
maybe the cake should look like your balls so when the bride cuts the cake the wedding will be symbolically complete
:lol: :lol: :lol: ......So how long have you been married jehler?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,696 Posts
Brydog said:
jehler said:
maybe the cake should look like your balls so when the bride cuts the cake the wedding will be symbolically complete
:lol: :lol: :lol: ......So how long have you been married jehler?
I have been married for 12 years :thumbsup: my balls, fortunately, are still secure.... but I didn't marry a chick that made me have a man cake :hammer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,059 Posts
jehler said:
Brydog said:
jehler said:
maybe the cake should look like your balls so when the bride cuts the cake the wedding will be symbolically complete
:lol: :lol: :lol: ......So how long have you been married jehler?
I have been married for 12 years :thumbsup: my balls, fortunately, are still secure.... but I didn't marry a chick that made me have a man cake :hammer:
:lol3: I got a kick out of that visual! I deserve that one. However, I will have a man cake if she says because for the past 4 years she hasn't breathed a cross word of my duck hunting addiction. Man cake or not, that's a good woman!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
"maybe the cake should look like your balls so when the bride cuts the cake the wedding will be symbolically complete[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: ......So how long have you been married jehler?[/quote]
I have been married for 12 years :thumbsup: my balls, fortunately, are still secure.... but I didn't marry a chick that made me have a man cake :hammer:[/quote]
:lol3: I got a kick out of that visual! I deserve that one. However, I will have a man cake if she says because for the past 4 years she hasn't breathed a cross word of my duck hunting addiction. Man cake or not, that's a good woman![/quote]

Made a man cake for a friend a couple years ago. Used an aluminum decoy mold for the cake pan then airbrushed the frosting to look like a mallard drake. But his marriage lasted less than 4 months. She may not have a problem with you hunting now but wait till you have a ring on your finger. And if she makes you do the man cake thing now it's only downhill from there. Be a man put your foot down or your cake may as well look like your balls! :fingerhead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,059 Posts
Man, I wasn't aware a man cake/groom's cake was that bad of an idea! I've got a first cousin who had a waterfowl scene on his 'man cake' and has since had 2 kids, been married for 6 years and keeps a helluva duck/goose hunting lease every year (and actually hunts regularly). Sounds like you all need to drop those yankee women and come land a good ol' southern belle! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,138 Posts
I'll second that southern belle idea...im from NJ, moved to VA 18 years ago...found me a little tan southern belle, got married in october, and still havent heard a word about "hunting" or any of the millions things i do surrounding the sport.....

i for one didnt have a man cake....anyway, good luck man... :hammer: balls are only taken away if you let them be, no matter how hott the bride may is.....
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top