Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Okay, I'll go first!

When my husband and I were still dating, I used to want to go with him hunting as much as possible and spend time with him. The first time he took me duck hunting was at dusk on his uncle's pond. We got there an hour before sunset to stake out a good spot and wait for the ducks to come in. He asked me to find a comfortable place to sit on the bank and be as quiet as possible. Well, the best way I figured out to do that was to find a comfy patch of dirt, curl up, and go right to sleep! So instead of having company that whole hour he was waiting for the sun to set, I was having a lovely afternoon nap! He was not so impressed with my emerging hunting prowess after that, although I think I have partially redeemed myself since!

Anyone else? :smile:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Okay, I didn't tell the whole story...

After I woke up, I got bored and started throwing sticks at my husband (then my fiance). Just little ones, hitting him in the legs. Then that got boring and so I picked bigger sticks and started throwing them in the water he was standing in trying to make bigger and bigger splashes. And despite all this he didn't kill me, but he did kill half his limit of wood ducks that day!

·
Registered
194 Posts
now that was a good move supermodel. a little movement on the water is all it takes. :yes: ok...did he actually tell you to keep doin it? :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.