Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little puzzled today when I was coming back from class, which I attend at Duquesne University in downtown Pittsburgh, PA. I was driving across the bridge looked down on one of the three rivers right smack dab in the middle of the city I saw a HUGE raft of ducks. Which peeked my interest so I drove down and took a closer look. I saw at least 300 mallards, 200 geese, a some gadwall, black ducks, and a bunch of divers which were more in the middle of the river making it harder to ID them, I got within 25 yards of 2 sleeping canvasback though (first cans I've ever seen in person). The reason I'm telling this sorry is I'm curious if the weather has been mild enough to keep these amounts of birds north. Also is this true in other places or is this just one strange occasion. I'm starting to wonder why I drive home to hunt ducks in the country when I can sit right below the steel building in point state park looking a PNC park and Heinz Field and see that amount of ducks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.