Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
19 days now duck season has been out and I am already missing duck season. Man, Can't wait for next year.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Things I'm doing to past the time.

1 All winter I'm painting decoys
2. When it warms up I'm going to build two more layout boats.
3. I'm going to modify a jet ski trailer to hold 2 to 3 layouts
4. I'm going to remove and change my tiller seat to hold guns and gear.
5. Repaint two boat trailers, Duck boat and layouts.
6. Make more decoy weights, restring all my single divers and add snap swivels.

By the time I look up duck season will just around the corner.
By the way my wife is already sick of hearing about next season.
If you're like me Brother there's always something to do, or improve on.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The ol lady got sick of me poutin around the house a week after :laughing: Heading to north arkansas in 2 weeks to do my part in controlling the snow goose population...crappie are starting ta bite :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i miss it pretty bad already too. i have to spend a lot of time fishing and hunting upland/small game to keep myself busy. bass are gonna be picking up soon and turkey season's just around the corner. from season to season, that's how i cope.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Just hauled all of the gear out to the shed for the summer. Was going to plan a trip to South Dakota for a turkey hunt but just found out that the kid needs braces. There went that trip! :pissed: Just going to have to do a local trip this year I guess.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
a friend stopped by my house today while i was in the garage. He was looking around at all of the foam shaving from the decoys i started carving this weekend. Then he looked at my decoy trailer sitting in the corner that i am getting ready to overhaul. Then i showed him my new QuackHead duck call and cd set that i have gotten. He stepped back and said :eek: "WOW, YOU......AH.....GOT IT BAD!" :eek: I lookeD at him and said :yes: "YA THINK?" :yes:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
My Fam. has become ammune to my "next season" talk, now its almoast like they dont even hear it anymore.

But no matter what.... They always hear me when I say something dumb! :yes:

-Stouff

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Alaskan Red, I'll give that a big "DIGGY WIGGY"

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
The other day I bought some new power tools, (for the camp project ACEBLDRS). My wife said "your not fooling me, how are you going to need them for hunting season?" "HONEY there power tools" "I know what they are, but almost everything you buy has something to do with hunting season"hehe…lol
:getdown:

·
Registered
796 Posts
donell67 said:
i cant sneak anything past my wife either, so i gotta think of some new tricks. :smile:
all i ever have to do is tell her how much money I'm saving her by buying it now. When she says something about it I just toss some random exaggerated figure out there. :toofunny:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
My wifes most used saying "Why does everthing have to be connected to hunting season" :pissed:

Her 2nd one is "your obsessed"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.