Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going hunting with my dad at little portage tomorrow (in ohio). We saw a lot of dove.. A LOT. and we'd like to hunt for them, and then hunt duck in the afternoon-the evening. Is that a bad idea? when is duck primetime? morning, noon, or evening? please respond a.s.a.p. Thank you! :salude:

·
Registered
211 Posts
hunt the ducks in the morning!!
ducks normally in the evening fly way past shooting time anyway. when they fly in the evening they are on their way back to their roost so if ya bust em good there is a very good chance you will burn the spot and they will not return..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I agree that morning is probably your best time for ducks, but don't count out the 9 am to 3 pm hunts. I shot almost as many birds hunting those hours as I did hunting morning hours. The good thing about showing up at 9 is most other hunters are headed in because they don't think the birds will fly during the middle of the day. That's of course a bunch of bull.

yeller

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree with going with ducks in the morning. Dove are real good in the evening. So why not start the day with ducks then move on to dove? Just a thought. Oh, and don't have lead anywhere near you when you are hunting ducks!

·
Registered
962 Posts
yeah ducks prime is after shooting hours so got to the next best thing which is the morrning and although the best time to hunt doves is in the morring you can get some good shooting in at evening time ......but belive me ducks are more fun to shot then dove so you will have to make a sacrafice
and i think anyone here will say go for the ducks well worth it
plus it will warm you up with for those quick little $4!7$ dove :tounge:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.