Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard about a product that you can cover your shotgun with (www.camoclad.com) . I wanted to see if anyone here has heard of it, or better yet, if they have tried it. I was interested in doing my shotgun and 4-wheeler, but wanted to get some feedback first. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
796 Posts
try this in the shotgun forum. but yeah I have heard of it and won't use it because I have heard it will leave a sticky residue on your gun. You say, that doesn't matter because it will stay on there, then check out activecamo.com. In the long run it would probably be a better investment for your money. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I've been in touch with a # of camo clad users.Most are very happy with the results. Snakeskin is another option...if they are still in business. What gun are you shooting??????

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put it on a Berreta 303 4 years ago and is still holding up fine. From what I remember it said to heat it up with a hair dryer when you want to take it off, it will soften up the glue and make it easier to take off.
Wes

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I dunno.

I have reservations about such products. I have never used them, but I just have wierd feelings 'bout stuff like that.

Now Camo Duct Tape on the other hand................ :thumbsup:
-Stouff

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have only used camo clothe tape on my guns in the past. If you leave it on for a long time & try to pull it off it will leave a bunch of the sticky glue on the gun. The best way to clean it is to use W-D forty.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have used camo clad on the 870... it lasted 2 seasons, which is longer than I thought it would (the "pre-cut" shotgun kit is not a perminate application), as my gun goes huntin', gets wet, etc. :yes:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
gsphunter said:
Here's what the stuff looks like on a Toyota 4runner. The guy seems to be happy with it but it hasn't been on there long either. According to him he says that it won't chip like paint and it sure as heck didn't cost as much as paint. I pulled this off another forum I'm on. I think it looks pretty cool. :thumbsup:
that stuff actually looks pretty good on that SUV. i personally don't like the full coverage but just picturing it covering the rocker panels would be nice.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Yeah, that does make it look alot more "Diggy Wiggy" :smile:

I can see it now,
you are coming out of Cabelas........ And "Oh My Goodness, Honey.... Where'd the 4-Runner go?!" :eek:

-Stouff

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I have never used this type of product but would be leery of dampness getting under it and causing unseen rust, unless you use a product like gun wax over it to keep it sealed.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you search on DHC I have pics here of a shotgun that I did. It didn't leave any sticky residue, however I removed it and painted the gun because I was afraid it would rust underneath the vent rib. I think the topic is Camo Clad first attempt for your search.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.