Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on saterday shot 11 with my dad and saw about 100 greenheads so i think it is about time...
did anybody else see pretty good numbers this weekend... how did you guys all do...
still don't think the lot of the geese are down yet just scattered numbers

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, Yellow - I was stuck in Oklahoma for the weekend, but got out Friday before I left, and up this way, South of KC area, there were LOTS of high fliying migrating bunches. Too nice a day for us to get any of them down, but there were big high bunches on the move. We watched them all morning, nothing working, but many on the move.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
They must not be stopping here. Saw lots of mallards, but they are so freaking decoy shy from getting shot at that they don't even look at us. Those greenheads you saw Yellow lab probably came from the refuge cause the hunting pressure is extreme. Have seen a few new birds but nothing to get excited about yet. This week however could get interesting.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if it gets cold i think this weekend could be a blast ... was a lil warm today but if any cold weather comes about the weekend could lead to death on duckys just hope i can shoot something more than a bunch of hen gadwall... nothing agains them would just rather shot greenheads (only got one on last hunt)

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Jumped a pond and me and the little brother shot 5 with 4 shots. If they would've stayed 30 seconds longer we both would've limited out off of the jump.
Jumped another pond a couple days ago and killed 14 with 9 shots. Would've limited if we would've brought extra shells up the dam. Drake bluebills surfacing then looking around like what happened. Also found a pond with mallards and widgeon on it. Flushed them off and they never came back.

Birds are way too decoy and call shy right now.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
we definately need some good cold weather to bring em down. IF it does, I'll have a decision to make, duck and goose or pheasant and quail. Probably pheasant and quail. Anyone else ready for p and q to open?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.