Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose any one think the amountof ice will cause a difference in the flight pattern of our geese, due to a slow melt off.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I wouldnt think that it would. They really dont know about the ice yet. The weather patern has been a little different that the last couple of years. It is more on the normal for this time of year. I thik that in the next week we will start seeing snows in Nebraska (I hope)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really hope that your right a few guys around here think they will all just shoot to central nebraska.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are already birds in C. Nebraska but there usually is by now! They will stack up there and the rest will hit SE Nebraska and the basins! There is still a lot of ice in Nebraska...10-16" but there is even more up North in the Dakotas....A buddy was ice fishing around Watertown and said there was 45" up there??? Is that far fetched I don't know but that will take a while to thaw!

·
Registered
296 Posts
The ice is starting to melt here (was untill it only got to10 yesterday and snowed today) Ive been seeing alot of geese in KS. I was by Clay Center yesterday and saw alot of snows. It wont be long now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
The cold has been acting like a damn, and once the weather turns--watch out as they'll be heading north fast.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man i hope tghats not the case last year they just shot through here quicker than hell.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Was thinking we would see alot of birds by the weekend. Now that this front is moving through and puting more snow down, not sure how the hunting is going to be here in SE NE.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
saw a flock yesterday but pretty sure there heading south again but never the less found a feild holding about 30 snows and i already have permision on it so gonna try and kill them theyve apperently been there all winter.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Talked to one of my buddy's in SW NE and he said over the weekend there were quite a few snows around. He was working so he didn't get a chance to get out but said they would have been easy pickings. It's down around Stratton if any of you are going to be in that area.
K9

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
We've had some flocks showing up around McConaughy the last 4/5 days. Strange to see them showing up in central when they haven't started moving through SE NE all that much yet. It's supposed to start warming up throughout the state later this week and weekend. All those SE spots that got some snow and rain yesterday should be nice and muddy here soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts