Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a hold of a beretta silver hawk SxS 20 ga. single trigger, it's missing the forstock, and needs a fireing pin, it's for sale, and I tried to find out how much there worth, it's in perfect shape, took it too a gun smith and he said it's worth 200 bucks because what it's missing and fixed it'd be 600, because it's the "featherweight version" according to him, I looked and could not find one even close to this shape for less than 2,200 I'd like to know if anybody has ever heard of the featherweight version and how to tell them apart from the more expensive ones, or if it's just bullsh, it's got engravings all over it and I caint see it being that cheep, it's looks to be about five years old, new there like 3 grand. any help :)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Are you sure it is not stolen???! Seriously, this sounds too good to be true and with missing parts from a high quality gun not very old - I would be skeptical.

Sorry to say that...... anyhow, getting replacement forearm is going to cost you the $200 value the smith quoted you and you need a smith to do the firing pin. Don't worry about the overall value - if you are satisfied and like it - the cost to bring it to working/usable condition is worthwhile!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
sounds like a great deal, the feather weight is going to be quite a bit lighter you might also get the serial number and run it buy beretta, they could probably help with some of the history.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a 1961 SxS Beretta Silver Hawk 20ga. with two 26" Extractor Chromium Molybdenum Steel barrels with rib extension and third bite Greener style cross bolt at 0.626, 0.011 &0.024 (SKT.II & Full), 2 3/4", barrel weight at Kg 1,135, single non-selective trigger, smallish beavertail for-end (missing) open pistol grip stock at 14 1/14 X 1 5/8 x 2 3/8" L.O.P over a Beretta plastic buttplate. 6 lbs 2 oz valued at $1600.00 to $2200.00 if it has all of the parts. Unfortunately, all of the replacement parts were given to Jimmie Hoffa. Since no one can find him, nobody on this planet that speaks english can fix it, so, I'll take it off your hands for $200.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
$600 id be a little skeptical of that. I would say I can hook you up for about $300 but that would be:spam so obviously I cant do that but I can tell you if you look on eBay you might can find some parts I can get the forstock and pin for $195 without tax and rest would be labor which is only like a 30 min job. But I am looking out of a business OEM parts catalog. Look around first parts aren't has hard as you think they are to find nor as expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts