Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I live in north texas and 97% of my hunting is on the Red River.

Seeing if anyone had a solution of how i can get up the river without getting burryied in a Sandbar along the way. Keep in mind the River is nothing but sand bars all the way. I have a airboat but u cant use one for hunting?

All answers will appreciated.

·
Registered
672 Posts
how big of a boat do you use, flat bottom, or v-hull? What kind of motor, and size. Sound's like you might want to look into a jet drive motor, instead of a prop driven one. I have been catfishing in these before, and if the boat floats the boat will go. Or maybe a Go Devil will work. Either that or how about a canoe or kayak, only problem paddling back upstream. :getdown:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
a jet would probly be your best bet. but if you dont know where the sandbars your gonna end up beached on one. a jet will run in about 4 inches of water on plane. i have read that a mud motor wont cut through sand like it will mud. an airboat might be the only thing that will run that river.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.