Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
You won't find a call for different goose species. Pick your species and by a call for it. Don't go cheap. Plan on spending 40-160 dollars depending on what you go with. Foiles Migrators, WingLock, Tim Grounds, Sean Mann, and Fred Zink are some good brands that you should be able to find pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I only use 2 goose calls, a Winglock delrin and a Heartlands Pip-squeek. I feel confident that with these two calls I've pretty much got all the bases covered :cool:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Delrin has a mellower sound that acrylic.Wood is even more mellow. I only use delrin for my calls....tough as nails, tone doesn't change due to weather[wood does] and a nicer tone than acrylic, IMO. Delrin isn't quit as loud as acrylic, but if you go to higher pitched call [pip- sqeek] it increases volume and the distance your call will carry.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a foils meatgrinder and i love it and its only $60, very easy to blow. I also have a Big River Goose Flute that i love and will never give up. If ur looking for a snow goose call then if you could i would go with the old small Lohman snow goose/blue flute the new one sounds more like a speckle call.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If ur looking for a snow goose call then if you could i would go with the old small Lohman snow goose/blue flute the new one sounds more like a speckle call.
:thumbsdown: I wouldn't get it I would find something else. I have the same call, i think it was the biggest waste of money.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well this is something I noticed while I was hunting the other day. It's nice to have both a flute and a SR. When you are all set and waiting for the birds the SR is all good but when you're getting stuff set up and not ready for geese yet, the flute is nice because you can just throw it in your mouth and still have your hands free to be doing other things. Just a little thing I noticed.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
no need to spend so much money, canada hammer works fine for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
HAY I GOT CALL FOR YOU 1 BIG GUY BEST THEY HAVE A CALL CALLED THE FAT BOY ITS A GREAT CALL I LOVE IT THE A LITTLE SPENDY LIKE $140.00 FROM CABELAS AND THE ONE OTHER COMPANY I HERD ALOT OF GOOD THINGS ABOUT BASIN ABOMINATION GO TO THERE SITE www.basinabominationgoosecalls.com THEY HAVE SOUND CLIPS TAKE A LOOK AT THE ICEMAN

XXXBLOODJUNKIEXXX[/url]

·
Registered
360 Posts
I bought a basin abomination iceman and think its the greatest call!!!! I love it! Its really easy to blow and dave is a very nice and helpful guy. would not buy any other goose calls but from him! Spec calls, cackler calls they make it all and very good quality! take a look

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.