Duck Hunting Forum banner
2401 - 2410 of 2410 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Winter is starting to be on the downhill slide: still has a few kicks, but as March fades to April it'll pretty much be a done deal. Been here in nor-Cal since the end of January, and got extended until March 12th, so by the time I get home most of the crummy weather should be a thing of the past. Not all, but most. I will say that I've enjoyed the warm sunshine here while I've had it. Funny, the low Tuesday night here is supposed to be 9 and folks in these parts are freaking out. Heck, the HIGH at my house on Tuesday is only going to be 5. :ROFLMAO: It's all in perspective I guess.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Gene, you just keep on giving :) How does your wife do now that your supposed to be retired and keep going back for these long long stints? Are you CRS or FERS? Makes a difference for sure. Hang in there and yes, winter is on the downslide but our low is supposed to be in the single digits the next few days around here as I understand it. We lost a good deal of snow, what was left around here. Gave me a few days to pick up after the dog all winter job, LOL Hope you have a safe and sound trip Gene and get back home when you can. Then you can just rest the rest of the year and not have to worry about going back down to do more stint, YA RIGHT, lol. Have a good one and enjoy the time and hope you get home before its all over.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have way too much going this summer to be headed west to work. My wife and I are playing music every weekend at the living history museum in Nevada City; I am producing a three show concert series at the museum this year, one Friday night a month for June, July and August; Wife and I are playing at a wedding in July as well as at Bannack Days in July, Have a bluegrass campout to attend in June; we are hosting a bluegrass campout at our house in August; and in or spare time we'll do a little street picking in Ennis and Virginia City. Won't be done with all of that until after Labor Day.

Oh yeah, I gotta fit some fishing in there as well. :giggle:

·
Registered
282 Posts
And you think your busy now, lol, just wait till you get the call :) Let's see then. Good luck with all you have scheduled. Most people who are retired are looking for stuff to do, you are looking how do you get it all in. Like I said, keep on giving Gene, youll get er done :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
11 days left here on this assignment. Feels kinda "fally" out there today...40 some odd degrees and raining. Looks like it's over 50 back home, but later this week it'll be back down into the upper 20's/low 30's. Talked for an hour last night with our old exchange student from Ukraine. She's not there, but here family is there: stuck in a bunker and running out of food. Doesn't sound good for them at all.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
If our president would lead by example , when Putin opened his mouth about "readying his nuclear arsenal"
that little country wouldn't be getting devastated into rubble ! I do know when words like this are being spoken
" he who throws the first punch Wins" so , go figure ? There's no stopping that Tyrant until he gets wasted ,
zipped-up or better yet , evaporated ! You can be assured that will be the outcome , sooner than later !

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Looks like Saturday is my last work day here in sunny California. Checked the weather and there's a chance of snow over the norther route Sun/Mon, so I'll be headed out through Nevada and up the east side of Idaho to go home. Kinda sad that at this point it'll take me an entire day's wages just to drive home, but it is what it is. Temps are ugly at home right now, but looking to be back to fall levels in the 40s by the time I get there. Suit me just fine if winter was done, but I'm not counting on that at all.

Now it'll be time to start looking forward to summertime fun with lots of music and fishing.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Gene checkout Hwy 30 (233) halfway from Wells to Wendover ? With heading North to Stone then to Pleasant view
on to Hwy 15 going North . I've made the trip many times going to Clark Canyon area ! Your Truck should make it to
Wells on a fill-up and get you out of these outrageous prices . There's lots of Coffee on the way BE Careful !

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Today is my last day working in California. If I come back at all, and that's a big if, it won't be until after Labor day. I have a lot of music things lined up, and I'm going fishing. Will be picking up 2 bricks of .17HMR on the way, so I obviously have some ground squirrel shooting planned as well. Gonna work on finishing the porch enclosure project as soon as the last windows get here the end of this month. This year I'm having a fun summer, not a working one. Should be home Monday evening. :giggle:

2401 - 2410 of 2410 Posts