Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am originally from webster city, iowa. i go to the university of iowa now, and i have a small problem of not knowing where to duck hunht down here. i dont want to drive to webster city each weekend to hunt, i want to experiece something new down here. so if anyone has any information on were to hunt around the iowa city coralville area i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Death Dealer

I am in kind of the same situation and find myself driving back to central iowa almost every weekend to hunt. But just recently a couple guys started up a sportsmans club at the U for people just like us, you might have already known this, but I just thought I would let you know. If not check out the website! www.uiowa.edu/~sportmen

·
Registered
41 Posts
i'm moving to Iwoa this spring and a big Georgia hunter and love my birds, but now i need info about where to hunt.

I'm looking on a map to find a lake and what about lake panorama, sayorville, and lake red rock are these lake's good or bad. What i'm reading that Iwoa duck hunting is not the best.

·
Registered
33 Posts
First of all it is spelled Iowa. Your reading is correct about the duck hunting in this state. To put it plainly it sucks these days. The Iowa DNR doesn't seem to want to do anything with the WMA's in this state to attract and hold birds. In MO they plant corn and flood it in the fall to attract ducks and hold them there. The ducks usually just fly over this state to get to MO and AR. When we did get ducks stopping over though the Red Rock area used to be real hot as did Odessa and Coralvile Lakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts