Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-

We got two iPods that are using the same iTunes. I was wondering how you get it so when you plug one iPod in it doesnt automatically take all the songs from the library? I dont want to create a new computer login name either.

I did google this, but that all seemed confusing. I was hoping you could simplify it!

Thanks
-Shootnmiss09

·
Registered
181 Posts
im not really sure as i only have one ipod. But im pretty sure if you made two separate partitions on your computer (two separate drives, such as a c:/ drive and a h:/ drive or something like that ) Basically just making a drive on your computer, you can install two separate copies of itunes, one on the first drive and a second copy on the second drive and add two shortcuts to your desktop. Name them itunes-ipod1 and itunes-ipod2 and you can have two separate ones. All the files for itunes -ipod1 will be on the first drive while the second drive will have all the files for the others. If you need help with partitioning a drive, let me know. I use partition magic 8.0

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I have the same problem and I have fixed it by switching from automatic download to pick your own. The old lady and I share and she always has crap music so it was important to fix it fast. :rofl:
Create your own account and it will be even easier. If not just make one called Shootnmiss off to the side there in your library and then when you get a new song in your library move it to your individual folder and never have to hear Chasing Cars again! More questions shoot me a PM

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think you may be able to do this. Before you plug in ipod #2 make sure that you have opened up Itunes. Go to your music library. Next to each song there is an box that is either x'ed or checked. If you uncheck any song you do not want to put on your ipod it will not sync those songs onto your ipod. Then plug in Ipod #2. I basically ran into the same problem where as I just got a new 30gig video and wanted to put MY own songs onto it without having to put the little ladies songs on there from her list(which she had previously put on there long before i got mine). I believe this will should help you out. Of course I am not 100% sure this will work cause I was told this AFTER I sync'ed my ipod on her itunes so I still got all her songs. But was told it would of worked had I done it that way. I hope this helps ya out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
How do you change it to pick your own from automatic? This would also help me out so I dont have to have her music on mine(She downloads too much crap every day to keep having to uncheck all the darn songs!)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Get rid of all the auto sync stuff and when you put a new song on manually move it to your folder. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I just thought of one more thing. If you are like me you keep puttinig off backing up your music. Dont because last month I lost it all when I got a virus and had my harddrive "Cleaned" So get a cdr or dvdrw and put it in a back them up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.