Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy that wants to sell me the Guide Series layout blind for $100. He has mudded it, and has the Cabela's fake grass on it. The blind is 180.00 at Gander Mountain... is it worth it?

He also has a dozen outlaw ducks for $60, and 4 dozen hardcore geese for 250/dozen.

I think I might get the blind... don't know about the dekes yet.

Thanks for the input...

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
the blind is a really good deal if it isnt tore up. couldnt tell you about the dekes though, not brands that i am familiar with.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I think Outlaws Maalrds are about $100 new, so $60 seems reasonable if in good shape.

Hardcores I think are about $325 to 350 a dz new. So if they are in excellent shape, a good price.

I sure do not think he is ripping you off with those prices if that is what you are wondering.

As a guide line on used gear, it seems once something is used, you loose 25% of it value. Then it comes down to its condition. An item is fair shape may only be worth 50% of new, even lower. But an item in like new condition, may be worth 75% of new cost. Also demand for a product, or lack there of, can also influence the prices. And time of year has an influence. Like right now Snow decoys are in demend. But duck and Canada decoys are not. But 6 -8 months from now duck and Canada decoys are in demand right before the seasons starts so prices are a bit higher then. So a lot of variables come into play on pricing of used gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts