Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Homey
14,975 Posts
Well, gene therapy is called a vaccine. People claim to be the opposite gender. Girls from Boston claim to be from Spain. Senators with cheekbones are Cherokee. Increased spending reduces inflation. Normal is abnormal.

And classified, as in documents, apparently means unimportant.

Spinner has classified clearance. Seems to me a search, including cavities, is in order.

· Administrator
43,795 Posts
Well, gene therapy is called a vaccine. People claim to be the opposite gender. Girls from Boston claim to be from Spain. Senators with cheekbones are Cherokee. Increased spending reduces inflation. Normal is abnormal.

And classified, as in documents, apparently means unimportant.

Spinner has classified clearance. Seems to me a search, including cavities, is in order.
Go for it!

· 1/2 Alien
23,912 Posts
Why is everyone surprised to find out that a bunch of dinosaurs have protected info strewn about? I bet if you looked in any of their offices, they’d have “Password 1234” on a sticky note on the monitor. We’re talking about guys older than grandpas.

· Homey
14,975 Posts
Yes. Reminds me of some dinosaurs I worked with when email became a thing, and they had their admins print all email and hand it to them to read.o_O They could have used Dr. Rick's help.

However, I do not see this as a technology thing.

These are swampers who see themselves as above the law, and if we are being honest, they are. The only person the corrupt investigators will go after with everything they have is Trump, who is the only person on this list that had declassification authority at the time. Trump is also the only one who was engaged with the archivists about how to transfer the documents before the raid stunt. Nothing was being hidden or mishandled.

Definitely two completely different sets of rules. Scratch that. One set of rules for outsiders. No rules for swampers.

· The Typist
25,665 Posts
Why is everyone surprised to find out that a bunch of dinosaurs have protected info strewn about? I bet if you looked in any of their offices, they’d have “Password 1234” on a sticky note on the monitor. We’re talking about guys older than grandpas.
The handling of classified documents is largely prehistoric.

What we are talking about here is paper documents with clear coversheets as I understand it.

Also, the only one where the term "strewn about" applies is Biden.

Trump took the documents on purpose and had them stored securely, which as President he was allowed. I would argue that this makes them deemed unclassified. He took them legally and for that to be legal they had to be declassified, therefore they are. The counter position is that he was perfectly legal to take them, but the second Biden was sworn in he should have been grabbed and hauled off to jail.

Pence as I understand it had someone go and search through boxes of documents gathered up when he left his VP office just in case. It sounds like some moron had stuck classified documents in the boxes. We'll see, but I don't believe any of these boxed Pence ever touched. It was the movers that packed them, which still falls on him to a degree. The boss is responsible for all.

Biden on the other hand, he had these things mixed in everywhere and over a broad time period. It was not a one time screw up, which happens. His is the worst by far. At a minimum is clearly reckless handling which is criminal and given what we know from the Hunter laptop is potentially an incomprehensible situation which cannot be discounted.

Even Hillary, it was not classified documents. It was emails with classified information in those documents. They lacked the brightly colored coversheets on the front and back cover so you cannot mistake it. However as Secretary of State, they should have been much more cautious and every time something showed up in an email that was even potentially classified, it should have been reported which it seems like it never was. That last part is where I think the legal liability may apply. Her bigger crime was the criminal conspiracy to thwart legally required government record keeping and the Freedom of Information Act by having her own personal server and not using a state.gov email for State Department business. The fact that the Secretary of State received information that turned out to be classified on her unclassified email is not the slightest shocking. I'd be shocked if any of them had not because so much of what they do is.

I just had my computer "disinfected" because someone sent me a document that had classified information in it. It was not labeled classified, just some of the content made it classified. This happens. But that is not what we are talking about. As described, we are talking old paper copies with bright coversheets front and back so nobody can mistake them. This in 1950's "technology" managing controlled paper documents. None of these people would likely ever print any classified documents. Someone else would print them all. I've never printed one. I've read them on the computer in a controlled facility and been given copies in the controlled facility that someone else printed, which I always give back to them when done. I do this rarely an don't want to be responsible, which is not the case with any of these people who must have staff that are responsible. Trump made a decision. Pence seems like his staff was reckless. Biden is hard to come up with a plausible scenario that does not seem like intentional disregard.

The Typist.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts