Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone offered to sell one to me i havent seen it yet but im going to look at it i was wondering about any feedback about them thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Higgins were sold at sears . They are stevens/savages or similar lower end guns. Some of the models are desireable for shooting like the savage 311 clone.(great gun) Most of the pumps were utility guns with little value. They also had ted williams guns which tended to be the fancier of the two. I'll check when I get back to the bunker and let you know what a model 60 compares to. What price are you paying?

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I can't find anything to say which maker corresponds with which model number. Sears used almost every US maker and some from Europe and Russia. That gun is probably a Savage, Stevens, Winchester or Mossberg. Most have plain pistol grip stocks with no checkering. Sears bought these to take business away from the local hardware stores. They were made from 1946 to 1962 . Unless it in primo shape I would bargain a little lower. If you can't ID it put up a pic. I hope its a Winchester model 1200 cause that's a nice gun for $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts