Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you saw this on the news last night. I heard it on the radio earlier in the day: The DJ says "that's the sound of John Kerry hunting geese!" It sounded like 10 guys with machine guns in the field. I laughed when I saw on TV later in the evening a picture of Kerry and his buddies with 4 geese between the 6 of them.

This guy's a joke.

· Registered
39 Posts
I did hear that last night on the radio and was dismayed. John Kerry hunting geese? Naaahhhh, quail sure, woodcock maybe. Something with breeks and tweed and silky coated dogs perhaps. Laying in a field? Up before dawn? Commoners with guns?

I ain't buying it, not for a second.

PS will someone tell the various radio/TV stations that geese DO NOT make "quack quack quack" sounds? For the love of pete ain't these people ever been to a park?

· Registered
3,108 Posts
Yup he has not been hunting for anyhting for a year :eek: And he supposedly shoots a goose--remember there are 4 guys shooting-how is one to say he actually shot it? :yes:

The sportsmen control the future of this country with this election. Kerry has sponsored and voted for legislation to ban semiatuo AND pump hunting shotguns and has also sponsored and voted for legislation to ban hunting and gets a A+ rating from both PETA and HSUS. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing-do not for 1 second be fooled. You are either with us or against us--and his voting trach record states he is AGAINST THE HUNTERS. :pissed:

Dump Kerry :thumbsdown: Enough said.

· Registered
346 Posts
the good thing is that we have a balance between the three branches of government. Didn't GW get a ticket the year he was running against Ann Richards when he interupted her annual upland hunt?

As far as GW, I'm going to have to do some reasearch into the "no net loss of wetlands". The phrasing makes me suspect.

John

· Premium Member
877 Posts
That was pretty funny
:getdown: :toofunny: :laughing: :toofunny: :getdown: and i agree with "whos to say he actually shot one of those geese". Plus i totally aggree with you guys on your anti-kerry positions but theres no way he gets it passed anywhere that semi autos or even pumps get banned. I dont think theres enough pressure in this country from animal rights activists and "tree huggers" to keep us from hunting. whats everybody elses take?

· Registered
598 Posts
IMO even if Kerry gets elected he's not gonna be able to ban shotguns or hunting. If he bans guns then it will hurt the economy. If nobody can buy them, then the factories that make them will have to shut down and therefore we will lose jobs. And banning hunting would also hurt the economy, nobody would buy hunting gear anymore so those companies too would go out of business, which means more job loss. We're talkin probly millions of people without jobs. And banning hunting is definately not going to save animals, in fact it will hurt them. If nobody can hunt and keep the population regulated, then they will become overpopulated and eventually all die off from having no food left to eat. This would hurt farmers too because their crops would be destroyed by ducks & especially geese.

I could keep going but I'll stop here, don't feel like typin anymore. there's my 2 cents. :salude:

· Premium Member
877 Posts
wow, this is like a presidential debate, only w/o the presidents. still fun to see all the opinions and personal takes on the president (and senator) views about hunting etc. plz continue entertaining me (and i dont mean for that to sound sarcastic or mean, i really enjoy this)

:oops: :mrgreen: :getdown: :salude: :eek: :welcome: :withstupid: :umm: :pissed: :yes: :spam: :cool: :thumbsup: :hammering: :toofunny: :help: :thumbsdown: :tounge: :laughing: :smile:

P.S. sorry bout all the smilies, always wanted to put them all in one reply...

· Registered
129 Posts
i am so sick of bush backer saying kerry will take away your guns
it is your right to have guns nobody will ever accomplish taking guns away.
and say they some how arranged a miricle and did take away your guns whoe the hell in their right mind would take that job " ahh sir i am here to take your gun please" yeah that what i want to do is go up to a house with an armed man and ask for his gun
come on use common sence no one will ever take away your gun
and for all the bush backers how are you going to use that nice new automatic shotgun when you know longer have a job because bush shipped all the good jobs over seas and crushed all the union along the way. and if you were fortunate enough to have a few spare shells left down the road and go hunting for your diner (because now you have no job) and get hurt oh no i dont have the "luxury" of health insurance

i am not trying to tell you who to vote for but please dont go in uneducated saying
kerry will take away guns
bush will help with abortion

no one will ever touch either of those issues look at the big picture
money
jobs
health care

look at your friend and family and see how there life looks compared to 4 years ago??

just a thought :umm:

· Registered
731 Posts
Fowlhunter8,

Your subject, no one person can take your guns is 100% right. On the flip side no one person or President, that is who we are talking about; can create or destroy jobs & health care. I hope everyone is studying up on the state and U.S. senate positions also.

And Kerry's wife does have many jobs that are over seas.

· Registered
189 Posts
Well if it is true that Kerry's wife outsourced a bunch of jobs over seas or whatever you guy's keep claiming, then she got a huge tax cut from bush, maybe that's why you who are bushwacked keep saying they don't pay taxes, CAUSE THEY MAKE TOO MUCH MONEY TO PAY TAXES???? all us average people pay their share, thanks for the tax cuts bush :thumbsdown: :pissed: boy and they created lot's of jobs out of the kindness in there little black hearts with the money they saved on taxes, 7 bucks an hour don't get you much anymore, well maybe in the poor state of texas.

· Registered
731 Posts
Too rich to pay taxes??? Bush gave everyone a child tax credit of $1,000 for each child. Do only rich people have kids? Repelled the marriage tax, do only rich people get married?

The fact is that the 1% upper class pay over 50% of ALL taxes.
Taxes and tax refunds should be baised on a flat tax rate(ex. 20%), every body should pay the same.

That is what Bush gives you.

· Registered
129 Posts
The child tax credit should have been taking away long ago in hard times like we are facing and its about to get worse. why give someone money because they had a child??? Why not make a statement tax those with children the population is growing way to fast and welfare and social security are being drained.
there should definetly not be on flat tax you make more you should pay more.
you take jobs over seas import penalties and fees and higher taxes.

PRETTY SOON THE GATES INTO THE COUNTRY WILL SAY WELCOME TO BUSH INC.
A 3 GENERATION COMPANY FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE USA

IT AINT OVER TILL YOUR BROTHER COUNTS THE VOTES FOR YOU

ARE YOU GONNA VOTE FOR JEB TOO WHEN HE CARRIES ON THE FAMILY TRADITION OF RUINING THE COUTRY ??

CUT THE BUSH

VOTE FOR YOU JOB :thumbsup:

· Registered
452 Posts
mccree79 said,

Your subject, no one person can take your guns is 100% right. On the flip side no one person or President, that is who we are talking about; can create or destroy jobs & health care. I hope everyone is studying up on the state and U.S. senate positions also.
thats right.

am I better off now than 4 years ago?... Yes.

had

· Registered
821 Posts
fowlhunter8 said:
The child tax credit should have been taking away long ago in hard times like we are facing and its about to get worse. why give someone money because they had a child??? Why not make a statement tax those with children the population is growing way to fast and welfare and social security are being drained.
there should definetly not be on flat tax you make more you should pay more.
you take jobs over seas import penalties and fees and higher taxes.

PRETTY SOON THE GATES INTO THE COUNTRY WILL SAY WELCOME TO BUSH INC.
A 3 GENERATION COMPANY FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE USA

IT AINT OVER TILL YOUR BROTHER COUNTS THE VOTES FOR YOU

ARE YOU GONNA VOTE FOR JEB TOO WHEN HE CARRIES ON THE FAMILY TRADITION OF RUINING THE COUTRY ??

CUT THE BUSH

VOTE FOR YOU JOB :thumbsup:
Okay, I realize I am much to late on this matter. Infact, I closed the window because I decided it was too late to respond. Obviously, I have came back to post. But why? I imagine it is because I find this entire post, well, most it anyways, too damned funny.

The child tax is only in existance because lets face it, kids cost money. I am 22 years old and my father is still required by law to pay for my college education. The child tax only offsets the cost of children slightly. Each child thereafter, the rebate is smaller.

As for flat tax rate...LoL...this is even better. A flat tax rate, as pointed out, for example, 20% for all incomes. If you make more you should pay more? Well, 20% of a $ 1,000,000 income is much more than 20% of a $100,000 income...much more.

If you like the idea of a progressive tax bracket, much like the left does in this country, look no farther than the Communist Manifesto. It explicitly states one of the requirements of a communist society is the redistribution of wealth--taking from the rich to give to the poor--Robbin Hood Economics.

Taking jobs over seas is actually hardly a Bush idea. It really started with the Golden Boy, Slick Willy when he started NAFTA. Had you been against it then, you would have voted for Ross Perot, "Hear that gian sucking sound? That is our jobs leaving our country." Contrary to popular beliefs, free trade is too new of an event to know if it hurts or helps our economy. Show me 10 pages saying it hurts our economy and I will show you 10 pages of research saying it helps our economy.

To educate a little on the Florida recount (which is funny we are still talking about this coming up on five years and two elections later) Jeb Bush never did the recount *SHOCKER*. Rather, lawyers did. Now, away from the fiction one might dream up, every recount ended up with Bush winning. The other side kept demanding recounts HOPING for more voter fraud to turn the election the other way. Furthermore, Florida had two contradicting laws. One law read all votes must be counted by Such and Such date in December while the other law read recounts may take place. The Supreme Court ruled a recount COULD take place had it been finished by the date in the first law. That date had already passed and therefore the court upheld the first law.

Jeff Given

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.