Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have two of johns calls and am about to buy another...johns calls are one of a kind and very good blowing.i think they are the best calls on the market andi highly reccomend them, also john is a very niceguy and will answer any of your questions,as a matter a fact im going to a competition with him this weekend

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I have been checking them out on a lot of post on different forums and so far I have seen nothing but positive. I have also been looking to buy or trade for a call to try out without paying full price for a new call or waiting for it. So far I have only found a couple. And of those only two didn't like the call, or I should say it was not their favorite and didn't match their calling style. Others want new colors or have more than one call. No one was posting up to sell them, but would for the right price and prices are steep on these calls. Not much less than new. I have a couple lined up now so I will let you know what I think in a week or so when I get one. I am also off to a Cabela's tomorrow and I will see if they have one to try.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Shore Thing is the best goose call made, in my opinion. Sweet blowing and super goosey. Fast loud and can get super low. I love this call and I have tried every other short reed you can imagine.

Thaner, you won't find a Shore Thing at any retail stores. He is a small time operation in the big picture and sells calls only from his shop and local area. You won't regret shelling out the cash for one... I usually pick up my calls from the classifieds but bought the ST new from the shop and never ever regretted it. John definitely has some made up on hand so all you will have to do is call him up, send a check, and you have your ST in a few days. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
If I can get a black cherry pearl I plan to get a new one. I love the money back -10 deal if I don't like it. I found one used, but he wants $140 anyway so I may as well go for the new one. Fond a nice new one for $125 so tempting, but if it is as good as I hear I will keep it and want my personal pick of calls. If I don't I spend $10 to play and send it back.

·
Registered
647 Posts
thaner said:
If I can get a black cherry pearl I plan to get a new one. I love the money back -10 deal if I don't like it. I found one used, but he wants $140 anyway so I may as well go for the new one. Fond a nice new one for $125 so tempting, but if it is as good as I hear I will keep it and want my personal pick of calls. If I don't I spend $10 to play and send it back.
Oh you can get black cherry pearl alright... :wink:

I have seen an all black cherry pearl call and it is sweet... BUT I saw this one black cherry pearl barrel with a white pearl stopper and that call just popped! You will not regret doing business with John... THAT I PROMISE.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I will have to give him a call. Went to Cabelas today while in the gen. area. Got there to find they were moving stuff around and the call case was empty. :mad: 75 miles out of my way for nothing. They had calls in boxes in the back room, but no calls to blow that anyone around on the evening shift could locate. Saved some $ :rofl:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
:biggrin: Well I got my Shore Thing last week and I have been playing with it off and on until I got this nasty cold so now I have to take a break, but Icelander hit it right on when he said "Sweet blowing and super goosey. Fast loud and can get super low." :yes: I would just add that it has a heck of a crack and very crisp clear sound. You can choke it down for a low goose, or open it wide up and go high and very loud. It reacts very well to voice inflection.

It is the best I have tried and blows away the $ Maker and the Showtime. My Zink is gone and the Showtime is packed up and ready to ship out. There is only one thing I don't like about it and that is that I now have very little excuse to try new calls of this type. It would be hard to top. Now if John would just make a call out of wood that was quieter and mellower to go along with it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
:no: you don't want that one, and thanks for letting everyone know about it. :mad: :rofl:

He has made some wood barrels, but not all wood calls. He has had a lot of requests for all wood calls. Maybe some day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.