Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I live in SE Louisiana where everyone uses traditional pirouges EXCEPT me. I hunt out of a wilderness systems kayak and love it. I own both, and the pirouge only gets used if I bring a guest that doesn't have their own. I've put an inexpensive platform on the back to carry my dekes (2-3 dozen. I have enough room to tote my dog (75 lb. Lab), gun, dekes, dry box, etc... I have never flipped, and being in a very tide influenced hunting area, I've never been stuck! If I do get into shallow water or mud I can stand up and push pole out of anything. As a matter of fact, last weekend a buddy of mine and I went to our lease and the water went out so fast that I had to pull his pirouge and gear out while he walked to the boat. I can't say enough about my kayak. Oh yea, I also can hunt big water with it also. I live about 5 miles North of Lake Pontchatrain so if the ducks are rafted up in the lake I can sneek up and get them. The best part about it is I found it used and cheap :thumbsup: !

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.