Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys and gals that kennel your dogs at night, what do you feel is the maximum length of time a dog can spend in their kennel?

I generally don't kennel my dog at night, but I've been out of the country for the past 5 weeks and had my mutt with my brother while I was away. Before we left, I told lil bro that the mutt is fine in the kennel for 8-9 hours during the night. He didn't say much about it at that time, but when we got home he told me he was setting his alarm to get up and let her out to pee in the middle of the night after she'd been in the kennel for 4 hours. 馃榿 That's dedication!

What's the longest you feel comfortable leaving your pup kenneled up?

Administrator
For you guys and gals that kennel your dogs at night, what do you feel is the maximum length of time a dog can spend in their kennel?

I generally don't kennel my dog at night, but I've been out of the country for the past 5 weeks and had my mutt with my brother while I was away. Before we left, I told lil bro that the mutt is fine in the kennel for 8-9 hours during the night. He didn't say much about it at that time, but when we got home he told me he was setting his alarm to get up and let her out to pee in the middle of the night after she'd been in the kennel for 4 hours. 馃榿 That's dedication!

What's the longest you feel comfortable leaving your pup kenneled up?
How old is she now? I've had no issues kenneling adult dogs 8-9 hours. If the current or last dog had to pee, they chirp or b1tch until I got up and let them out. Those few occasions were probably more loose stool from something they ate than anything else.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is she now? I've had no issues kenneling adult dogs 8-9 hours. If the current or last dog had to pee, they chirp or b1tch until I got up and let them out. Those few occasions were probably more loose stool from something they ate than anything else.
Thanks, buddy. The lil gal is 14 months now. She is in the house every night sleeping for 7-9 hours without any issues. She's not in a kennel -- generally with one of the kids, so figured there wasn't any problem with that length of time in a kennel but my goof ball brother was adamant 8 hours was way too long. He thought since he has to get up a couple of times per night to pee, the dog needs to as well. I think my brother needs to see a urologist. :unsure:

How are things with you and the family? How bout that Rose Bowl? Pretty high scoring affair. After the first half, I figured the Utes were going to get it done. At the conclusion, I could literally hear the hearts of nearly every Utahan breaking clear from Pasadena! :cry: Fun game to watch though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts