Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i would like to know what your experiences are with kent shells have you used them and how would you rate them with the other shell makers

·
Registered
25 Posts
FastSteel is a pretty good shell. I shot 3 1/2" BB out of my Benelli with good results on geese, and 2's on ducks. I trust it out to 50 yards, but don't push much after that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yup, fast steel is good stuff. I prefer it to the remington and winchester stuff on the market. I am currently shooting 2's and 3's on passing birds with an improved cylinder choke that seems to work really well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I shoot the 3" #3's with 1 3/8 ounce of shot in a Benelli with a 28" barrel and will trust them out to about 45 yards. I shoot the factory modified choke.

·
Registered
135 Posts
fasteel is better than any remingtons I've ever used cheaper than any other HV shells practice to get lead right. (will be a little less) keep shots inside 40 yrds and you'll have all the birds you can eat.
I prefer #2's W/mod choke 3in 1 1/8 oz 1560 fps

·
Registered
44 Posts
I shoot the Black cloud with thier choke kinda stuck with them because I read somewhere you can only shoot for proper pattern with thier choke ? So I have 2 cases for my 12 guage fusion 3 1/2 1500 vilocity 1 1/2 ounces 2 shot,BB shot wonder how long that will even last the way I shoot.

·
Registered
17,696 Posts
If I run out of home rolled, I buy Kent's or federals

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have tried a bunch of different boxs of shells, but i must say, kent for me patterns the best and seems to likewise knock birds down the hardest. The only thing i dont like is that they are not very waterproof (in my experiences.) But as long as the shells stay dry, they are my choice shell out of my sbe2.

·
Registered
17,696 Posts
Waa waa waaaaaaa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts