Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys going to do with your kickback checks? I thinking about a new shotgun though maybe not right away. I would suggest that you dont buy anything chinease with it. Borrowing a couple hundred million from them was enough of a boost to there economy. I was going to look into a new truck but I heard that the interest rates are down but that doesnt necessarily mean its a good time to buy a truck. Any more input?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I too was going to buy a new truck with my $1,800, but the dealership said their time machine was broken.

/sorry for the wisecrack, but printing money for the sake of making people happy in an election year is horrible policy and worthy of nothing more than sad jokes

·
Registered
172 Posts
I get to buy my mother a new couch. My dog destroyed one of her cusions on her leather couch.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
captainduckhead said:
I think you should all contact me and buy a boat. That would definetely boost my economy. 1200 - 1800 down I can get you some great financing! :thumbsup:
captain, i quit selling boats about five years ago and was able to write 20 year loans then, are they still doing that? talk about dead and buried

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Tangier Island Slacker said:
/sorry for the wisecrack, but printing money for the sake of making people happy in an election year is horrible policy and worthy of nothing more than sad jokes
Do you have any clue what you are talking about? By giving out tax benefits, breaks, and extra money around tax season it is shown to boost economy. We are in a recession right now and they are trying to get us out. Bush is not up for re-election so what are you trying to say? If it is such a horrible policy why don't you just send the money back?

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
I sold Larsons, Aquasport, mirrocraft, OMC/bombardier and manitou pontoons along with brokered used boats. I sold boats for 8 years, 4 of which I was the sales manager of a small marina.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
You and I are very similar. We sold Larrsons, Wellcraft, Silverton, and Hatteras for a long time. We are strictly Brokerage now. As a result we have tons of Hatteras, and Silvertons for sale. I have been the sales manager for 5 years now. It gives me a little more freedom to do yacht deliveries, and drive the tour boat. And of course duck hunt and guide in the fall. There's nothing so merry as marine life right Jehler? Unless you're starving to death and feeding ducks to your wife.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
:hijacked:
captain we have probably had some of the same reps, daniel hahn, todd larson, a guy named harry who i forgot his last name but he could sell snow to an eskimo? the winters as a boat man can be long and lean, boy do I miss losing my voice at boat shows though :rofl: did you ever have to do the sams club show's, friggin genmar
and oh ya, unexpected cash, like the kickback check from the gov't, goes in the kids college fund :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
MM said:
Do you have any clue what you are talking about? By giving out tax benefits, breaks, and extra money around tax season it is shown to boost economy. We are in a recession right now and they are trying to get us out. Bush is not up for re-election so what are you trying to say? If it is such a horrible policy why don't you just send the money back?
Yes, I do, which is why I recognize this short-term feel-good giveaway as bad long-term policy.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
MM said:
Instead of sending your money back to the Halliburton Machine, What he should do is cash that check then send me a check for that amount. Then I can use that money to help stop George Bush from destroying our country.(read some of my other posts. I'm a progressive democrat) I promise every penny will go to a worthy cause. PM me and i'll give you my address and just send it here. In fact anybody else that's having issue taking that money can PM me too. Just think, if you all gave that money to me how much I could accomplish for us .

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
wackemstackem said:
Hey guys dont give it to him,Give it to me,Why you ask.....because Im a nice guy :thumbsup:
I was thinking they could give it to me! I have a fund set up for myself... It is called MM's international hunting fund. If I get enough democrat money I will take friends :thumbsup:
I was thinking Mexico for pintails? Or, Teal?

Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey if you guys are giving away you rebate checks you can send some my way

1 - 20 of 39 Posts