Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wonderin what tube would be the best. I will be using it for Snow geese, canadians, and ducks outta the field. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these two tubes? I will be shooting probably 3-BB shot and no more than 45 yards. I just want a good solid pattern kill geese good at 10-45 yards. Basically Im just wondering what would throw the best pattern at longer distances with larger shot... :huh: Sorry that drug on to get my point out. Any help guys?!?! :help:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im shooting a Browning Silver 3". I just want the most even/tightest pattern at the longer ranges for snow goose hunting and the occasional farther canadian. On the package it says MOD for larger shot and Full for smaller shot. But on the site it says that the full patterns BB great to 60 yards. Is BB not considered a large shot? The guy at BP said to get the mod when I said I mostly shoot 3" 2 shot

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had a Browning Gold that patterned #2's awesome (80%+) out of a Kicks full @ 40 yds. but BB was no good. That same gun patterned BB out to 40 yds. even better (90%+) with a Mod. choke.

I honestly think the Mod is the most versitile choke constriction.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedbak guys. I will give him a call and see what he says

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MM I realize this and that is why I was confused. On the package that is exactly what it said, and the guy at BP also said to get the MOD since I was shooting 2 shot. However on the site it says the FULL patterns BB's great to 60 yards...So if there saying on the package to get a full with smaller shot, what is small BB's and large being T Shot or BBB? I thought 2's were still considered somewhat large shot....

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
When I bought mine I looked at the patterning charts first. They basically said that #2's and larger are great with the Mod. I have a SBE2 with the Kicks Mod and I was amazed at the pattern it threw out there. I have always been a factory choke guy, but in the later season when you are taking a little longer shots it makes a huge diff. I will see if I can find those charts again... If you want me to look for them send me a PM.

Hope this helps!

MM

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello Down There!!!!!!!!

I know it is a slip of the tongue but we are Canadian's(people) & the geese are Canada's. If you came to our border and said you were going hunting "Canadian's" the guards would be asking you alot more questions. Hey once hunted with some fine Americans from the Atlanta area that said the same thing(not all of them) so I educated them on the difference, had a few good laughs over that one.

So keep on pounding those Canada's my-fav waterfowl

Regards

John(Canadian)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts