Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a local swap sheet someone is advertising Knight and Hale decoys 4doz for $100 NIB. Has anyone seen these decoys and are they worth it? I have the GHG hot buys and like them, but didn't know how they would compare to one another.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If they are the same Knight & Hale dekes that Walmart was selling last year...............NO!!!!!! Those were the smallest, cheapest, ugliest dekes I've ever seen. The GHG Hot Buys were 10 times better than those. Check a Knight & Hale website to see if they off different levels. I've never seen anything other than the ones at Walmart.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
SteveInTN said:
If they are the same Knight & Hale dekes that Walmart was selling last year...............NO!!!!!! Those were the smallest, cheapest, ugliest dekes I've ever seen. The GHG Hot Buys were 10 times better than those. Check a Knight & Hale website to see if they off different levels. I've never seen anything other than the ones at Walmart.
Couldn't have said it any better! Paint peels in the box.
If you buy cheap decoys you get cheap results. We buy G&H cause they will last for years. You save in the long run buying nice dekes cause you don't have to replace them every year.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I agree on buying quality. I own an absolute boat load of decoys because I hunt in a couple of different states and sometimes we need to throw out a big spread at either place. However, I own 3 dozen 'good' dekes that I keep at the house and use everytime & place I hunt. Even when we hunt over 300 normal dekes, I'll put out at least a dozen right in the 'sweet spot'. I want the dekes they are landing by to look as good as possible.

Now, I just need to train my partner not to SHOOT my good dekes!

:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.