Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching a stupid dog show. Why? Cuz I want to camplain. Why is it most of the time it is retarded poodles and their stupid hair cuts that win? I have never saw a hunting dog win. It always seems like it is some snooty, uppity, ugly crap dog that rich people have that wins. I hate dog shows. It is always some gruesome, ugly, old chick in a shiny dress that is judging stupid dogs and grabbing thier balls. (they do it, don't tell me I am wrong) Could I show my AKC yellow Lab? Nope! (Not that I would)She has a pink nose. So she is not good enough. Pompous A-holes.
I would rather have a cat then some of these dogs....and I hate cats.

Most of these dogs look like the eat french food. Yep...dogs shows are for lonely, ugly, fat people that don't sneeze around long haired dogs. And dogs shows are for people that are up to late that have had a few beers and have nothing else to do (me). If I could hunt on Sundays I would be in bed. Here is my list of dogs that ROCK.

1 Labs/lab mix/ (not mixed with a **** dog)
2 German Sheppards (not good for hunting...but good for killing people)
3 German short hair
4 Britney Spears....wait...Spaniel...springer? (not Jerry..he sucks)
5 Beagle
6 Greyhounds
7 The dogs in the bugs bunny cartoons that carry booze on their collars.
ahhh....big things...furry...Saint Bernards. Thats it
8 Blue Tics
9 Nice Rotty's
10 Most water dogs
11 Hell, any dog that weighs 50 LBS or more.
12 Bulldogs...not good for anything other than being ugly.
13 Any pointer
14 I cant spell Chesapeake Retriever ...oh I did.
15. Who cares...going to bed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Look at those Labs that are in those Dog Shows......They could never work a Field or Swim for a Duck, Too OVER Weight!
Not what a Lab should look like.

OH Wait, yes they are suppose to look that way, they are Labs Raised for the Dog Show People and Judges.

I've seen Sporting Dogs Win in those Dog shows and Win the Champion title aswell, But it seems to be a Breed that is Very Rarely heard of......And Yes, Everyone of them has been FAT and could never do the Work they were Bred for! :yes:

·
1,456 Posts
Cover that midget mutt with gun oil and then run it through your barrel a few times to clean it out,thats what they were bred for isn't ?
There are "gun dogs" and then there are lesser known "gun accessory dogs",used after the shooting is done.

·
Registered
304 Posts
OK, I'll chime in on this. Dog shows are judged on an individual basis and against the breed standard as developed by the breeds respective AKC registry. I agree with most on here on this but theres allot of things overlooked or not known. It's interesting to read up on breed history and see what some breeds were bred for.......Like a standard poodle, bred for hunting, it's poofy balls of fur on the legs were for swimming and the hair left on the head and torso were for core heat and to keep the dog warm while letting it swim as best possible....I beleive jack russell terriers were bred for going in the ground after foxes....lots of neat stuff. My uncle bred champion English Bulldogs for show for many years, always neat to acompany him to the shows. Theres dozens of breeds out there, waiting for your favorite breed to win might be a long waite. My personal favorite breed is the boxer, lots of reasons, great family pets, smart, strong defensive, lots of personality, but I can't ever remember seeing one win anything. Oh well. Anyways...I agree, I don't really like any dog other than a working dog (meaning it was bred for some function of work for man) but to hate all the breeds that don't work isn't fair....hell, in my neighborhood alone, I can think of 3-5 family's that have these fat lazy labs, goldens ect....that have ever seen any work they were intended for....seems kinda like the yuppy thing as of current....to have a hunting dog...put a bandanna on him and let him get fat.......who knows.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I couldn't believe the lab that they paraded into that show. He was so fat it was unbelievable. I did like that shorthair and the weim alot though. Both of them were amazing dogs in my opinion.
I feel sorry for the dogs like shockertroop is talking about. Sporting breeds (high energy) being cooped up in a house that are never exercised or never get any type of training. Then the owner wanders why they are a nuisance in the house.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Totally pisses me off. I have a boxer and a hound/bassett breed mix, both great dogs....I want a working dog now that I've been avid for a few years and I always bird hunt more than anything.....sad thing though, gotta waite till we're one dog short as I don't have the time for 3 big dogs.........when I do get a working dog though, it's gonna be a black lab or a german shorthair....oh yea...back to the yuppy pets...I see them all the time. Seems like the cool thing to have a retriever that's named duke...sits around and gets all fat....what a waste.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.