Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

New to the forum, so wanted to say hello. Do most of my hunting on leases by Van Alstyne and out in E. Texas. I live about 5 minutes from Lavon, but never hunted there, or met many that have (lived in the area for 10 years). Just wondering if it is worth the effort.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i also just started hunting lavon last year, over by 380 on corps engr. land. we had moderate success there.
may try other spots on lavon to see if it is any better.

i think lewisville has some spots that have corps engr land may try this year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have heard that if you go 380 and take a left just near the Navo creek area there is an access point for the north enf of the lake and the creek. I spoke with someone who claims there is some decent hunting in the creek area. He boats in with a one man flat bottom.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey, Ya'll, I'm also new here and live in Wylie. I've hunted Lavon a bunch with very little luck. For every duck there are literally 5 hunters on the lake since all the developements.

any way we should all get togethter and do some scouting soon. only 4 months left.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ducksmasher said:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? not bad? dood you should see all the pics of full straps of mallets from MadMallard! Lavon pulls birds like crazy!
uuhhhh,,,, you can't be serious... that is what he wants you to believe, he hunts other places and Lavon is NOT one of them.

Do you really think "Mad Mallard" would share his hunting spots online? :laughing:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Howdy!
I live in LUCAS, next door to LAVON. Bean here for 10 years.
Hunted LAVON many of them. NEVER seen a full strap come off that lake.
GO NORTH or EAST!

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Guys I've been hunting Lavon for over twenty years as it is ten minutes from the house.Up until ten years ago it could be awesome,but with the hammering it gets now mediocre is a stretch.Being very close to a major metro area and having very little water in the areas open to hunting it gets very crowded.Yes you can kill a few ducks there but limits of greenheads on a regular basis,ain't gonna happen.My partner and I hunt private water north of the T bridge on 380 now and hear very little shooting from the lake on most mornings.

And for those of you that don't know,you have to get a permit from the Corp of Engineers office to hunt on Lewisville.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes,,,, I highly recommend Lavon.... :getdown: specially on the opening morning and the second day,,,,, actually the whole season for that matter... :tounge:

Go to Lavon and hunt the waves and waves of Greenheads there, don't bother to scout or go elsewhere... Lavon is the place to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
lavon is not a bad lake to hunt, i will admit that yes it is very crowded but if you can find secluded holes you can normally shoot a bunch of ducks. had no problem pulling a limit this opener but the crown of ppl was crazy. shot lots of teal, few mallards, a few gadwall, and a few pintails last year. just gotta be willing to walk through some mucky stuff to get to the good spots. howd yall do this opener and what kind of ducks were shot?

·
Registered
44 Posts
do what? have you hunted any public land this year? if so howd you do and where? ive heard some good people say texoma was good opening weekend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yup, hunted public this weekend. Killed all greenheads. :thumbsup:

Lavon is the closest lake to me, but I don't hunt there because of the crowds.

Posts like these help add to the crowd. :rofl:

·
Registered
44 Posts
**** sorry man, just started this and am still new. pm me and i can help you out if you wanna know some spots. i could use a good hunter to hunt with, my friends arent really into duck hunting like me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.