Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a Lanber 'sporter' O/U, and really like it so far. It is a nicely made shotgun, made in Spain, and has some finely done engraving. The only thing I am not liking about mine is the comb of the stock is a little high for my portly cheeks, and to get the sight picture I need to break clays and knock down the doves, I am going to have to releive the stock of some of the wood in the comb so it fits me right.

Lanbers are a popular clays gun in Europe, but I think they will catch on here now that their availability is increasing. Good value for the money.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I won a Lanber the other week at a Delta Waterfowl Dinner. I have not used it yet. But being it has a thin walled barrels I would very hesitant to shoot coarse steel shot through it for ducks. Up to #2 shot I think would be Ok, but I have heard the coarser stuff is really hard on thin walled barrels, especially European made guns which have a lighter tensile strength as overseas they do not use the coarse HV steel shot like we do from my understanding. Maybe there would be no damage---but I think I'd rather be safe than sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts