Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Buy a public hunting land permit, it comes with a book with detailed maps of tons of hunting areas in texas. Don't know how far you want to drive but theres lots of WMA land around the coast. Not all coastal hunting though, allot of the WMA land has stock tanks on them, blinds and all. I've never seen it get too crowded either.

·
Registered
58 Posts
what does wma stand for and when you go hunting on public land how do people divide up the land is there a place to sign up for diffrent spots? because that looks like something i could afford. and when you go hunting is it rare to get your limit?

·
Registered
82 Posts
you have to buy a public hunting permit you can go to any place that sells hunting license they cost about 30 or 40 bucks. For more info on public hunting land in your area got to Texas Paks and Willdlife .com

·
Registered
25 Posts
i hunt the bay quite a bit south of houston... so if ever interested in a weekday hunt pm me....things are a lil slow right now but im guessing 1 more good front and things will prolly heat up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I do not live in Texas at the moment but great hunting oppurtunites around Houston, look towards Anuach and Wallisville. Anuach is a NWR and WMA. Great hunting in the Pace Trac on the WMA and NWR is open SAT,Sun, and Tues. Making my 3rd trip this year to Texas to hunt. Also look in the Chronicle for some great lease opps. Circle H in Winnie has some great land for 500-600 bucks a year. Believe it is over 10k in acreage. The Katy prarie also has some great spots to hunt but most of it is leased up. Just got back not too long ago (dec 22-23) and we bagged 24 ducks and 4 geese between 4 hunters on a guided hunt (only 80bucks!! per gun). Hopes this helps

Big T out!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.