Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Check e-bay. There are some different kinds. Parachute cord is popular on there and many have multiple calls at different lengths so they stay separated. Also some with dbl. cords to hold both parts of the call.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I use Buck Gardners "witch doctor" lanyard. All leather, braided and holds your calls on both ends of the call. Also has a high up spot for a whistle and another one for a dog whistle, if ya use one. Pretty good lanyard in my opinion. :salude:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Those are OK, but I just got one on e-bay that I like better than all the rest posted and all the ones I have looked at in stores. :getdown: It's not that much different than some of the others, but I just like the detail of it better. It is available in different colors and the standard model has 3-sets of double loops, two on the bottom and one higher on the side. It has a single drop with clip for a whistle or what ever on the other upper side. I got mine with two sets of upper loops for a total of 4-double loop sets. They put a ring with clip on the main loop for an accessory. It also has a duck band with the maker's info on it. It is very nice and the drops are different lengths so the calls do not hit. It also has spring loaded cord locks on each pair of loops so you can adjust and keep the loops together. It's tied so the main neck loop stays open and helps keep the calls apart. I paid 10.50 plus shipping on e-bay. Do a search and look for the one that is hanging on the barn door in the photo. Seller is paul_angela_91. Their e-mail is [email protected]. Don't buy one until you check theirs out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
thaner said:
Those are OK, but I just got one on e-bay that I like better than all the rest posted and all the ones I have looked at in stores. :getdown: It's not that much different than some of the others, but I just like the detail of it better. It is available in different colors and the standard model has 3-sets of double loops, two on the bottom and one higher on the side. It has a single drop with clip for a whistle or what ever on the other upper side. I got mine with two sets of upper loops for a total of 4-double loop sets. They put a ring with clip on the main loop for an accessory. It also has a duck band with the maker's info on it. It is very nice and the drops are different lengths so the calls do not hit. It also has spring loaded cord locks on each pair of loops so you can adjust and keep the loops together. It's tied so the main neck loop stays open and helps keep the calls apart. I paid 10.50 plus shipping on e-bay. Do a search and look for the one that is hanging on the barn door in the photo. Seller is paul_angela_91. Their e-mail is [email protected]. Don't buy one until you check theirs out. :thumbsup:
what exactly are the double loops for on this lanyard? it does look good.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
it can get in the way, but once you get used to it it isn't that big of a deal. and like Bret said. it sure beats the heck out of reaching down for your 100 call and only finding the barrel hanging there. :oops:

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Frazier i have that laniard its pretty good, but not much space to put your bands

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i ended up going with a witch doctor. the jury is still out on whether i like it or not though. right off the bat i don't like using to drops per call. i understand the theory behind it but it gets in my way when calling. i am trying to get used to it though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.