Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really bad lanyard I got on clearance at Wally World. It floats (the only good thing). Other than that my calls get tangled up and the neck cord is so big that if I ever soot a band it won't fit. What is the best lanyard to get. I prefer floating, but it don't have to be since all my calls together are worth like $40.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Bartmans lanyards for sure. I had him tie one up for me 2 years ago custom to my specs. Very reasonable price, great service, and subperb quality. One can not ask more than that IMHO.

Bart Ketner [email protected]

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
You may also want to check out Widgnwhacker's lanyards. I have 4 lanyards, 3 duck totes and have given 8 out as gifts. He'll make them in any color with however many call drops or whistle clips that you would like. Another thing I like about them is the parachute cord he uses is very soft. It feels like a lanyard that has been used for 5 years. Some of the other new ones are very rough.

yeller

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
You could learn how to tye a slip knot and make your own "custom" Lanyard.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
not too difficult to make your own actually.....para cord braided with slip knots...there are some craft sites (can't recall which one I used right now) but it had the detailed instructions and it took an evening at the table for me...and I am not a crafty type with stufflike that....I really like maing my own 'stuff' and this is just another simple and inexpensive project to add to the waterfowling experience after the season closes

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
here is the lanyard I twisted. I made it from leftover deke cord. Made it on a slow sunday morning. It can hold six calls or 4 with 2 held as doubles.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
It's real simple. It's a three braid between the two outer loops and just two twisted to the center and tied off. The loops are made with slip knots and there are hundreds of craft sites to show you how to tye a slip knot. I used deke cord as that's all I had laying around but I think the slip knots would move easier with something a little larger in diameter.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Gardners Witch Doctor, braided leather, holds 5-6 calls and a whistle if you use one for the dog. Pretty nice lanyard's.
:salude:

·
Registered
883 Posts
You've heard of Buck Gardner Calls? Same company. Also glad you asked, in the classified section someone has some for sale...ME!
:getdown:
I'm not trying make money by selling them, I just wanted to offer them to fellow members on the chat line. I bought a box of 7 and instead of sell them on Ebay, I put them on the chat line classified. Wal-Mart sells them, if you can find them, for $20 and up. I've got picks if you need to see one.
:salude:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.