Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the largest vests for labs/waterdogs I got a 3x TangleFree and it is at least 6 inches short from zipper to zipper.
My lab is 100 lbs

·
Registered
632 Posts
new
(Lab) dog hunter here, do i need a vest for winter waterfowl hunting? If so any recommendations? SO confusing with all the stuff out there. thanks,
100% depends on the dog, conditions, location, and possible objects in the water. Mine will occasionally wear vests but they really don't care for them, especially the Chesapeake. Here in Texas, we don't usually have to worry about it for temps but I mainly have them for when we travel north. A properly fitting vest will significantly help the dog retain body temp. I also occasionally used them when we hunt ponds or lakes with heavy deadfall or stumps. They add a bit of protection to the dog's chest. I have lately settled on the 5mm Avery Boaters Dog Parka. It takes a bit of alteration but so far has worked well for me and the pups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
100% depends on the dog, conditions, location, and possible objects in the water. Mine will occasionally wear vests but they really don't care for them, especially the Chesapeake. Here in Texas, we don't usually have to worry about it for temps but I mainly have them for when we travel north. A properly fitting vest will significantly help the dog retain body temp. I also occasionally used them when we hunt ponds or lakes with heavy deadfall or stumps. They add a bit of protection to the dog's chest. I have lately settled on the 5mm Avery Boaters Dog Parka. It takes a bit of alteration but so far has worked well for me and the pups.
RShockley, thank you for the advice and recommendation. Will look into that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts