Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incredible is the only words to describe this mornigns hunt. We should've been done by 8 if our shooting was up to par. I have only seen ducks decoy this well twice. We had birds coming in from way up high with the wings cupped so much the tips looked crossed. I killed ducks standing in the decoys retrieving other ducks. I didn't even get a chance to kneel down. It was wicked crazy. Brother and I shot 3/4 of a box of shells a piece. Ended with 10 mallards. Should've each had a GWT too to round out the 6 bird limit. I think I can live with my 5 mallard limit. Unbelievable. My brother and I were in awe. Nobody killed anything until we were picking up.

Hunted the same spot the night before. Ended with 6 ducks but we could've shot limits if we wouldn't have ran outta shells. We created a monster because we killed 3 ducks in one volley and from then on out the brittany thought everything that decoyed should be dead.

Ken, you misses out man. Wow, we could've killed a 10 man limit if we would've had that many guys.

· Registered
204 Posts
opens back up on the 22nd...how do the ducks act this late in the season? Am I better off with a small spread? Are they still call shy? or are they new ducks from up north now?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.