Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the season is over for me :thumbsdown: I finished out yesterday in great fashion. I got a high sweat number but decided to give it a try. Turns out that we got into or parking lot. Then we went out to our favorite pond thinking for sure it was going to be taken. We got there and there wasn't anybody in the spot. :thumbsup: Shooting time came (a little earlier for some hunters) and there was a pretty good amount of shooting. Shot a widgeon, a gadwall and 5 teal. Done in 40 minutes. It was a little fast (now what the hell am I going to do). But like I thought would happen on a cloudless no wind day, the birds did not fly for long. So I had a couple cups of coffee while watching my buddy finish. :salude:

On another note, I am glad that I found a chat forum for hunting California. I am disappointed that more people are not participating in the posting. We know that there are people reading the posts. To me hunting and fishing is not supposed to be a selfish thing. It is about meeting good people, making friends, sharing knowledge and having good quality hunts. Sharing your hunting results and knowledge of an area will not greatly affect your take of game, but it may increase someone elses chances of having a good hunt. We need to get the word out so that more people can participate next year.
I will get off my box now.

Have a good year to all!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Dont give up guys, sites have the ups and down and yes maybe your state is haveing a down period but if you stop now then new members want have a reason to stay. Best of luck to yall during the off season hope to see ya around through the year. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
:thumbsup: Im trying to get my buddy stationed over there with the coast guard to join up but I guess he is just to darn busy catching drug smugglers crossing the ocean.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nice shooting Stalns. Went to Mendota on Sunday, started out very slow but picked up the last part of the day. Ended up with 3 grn wing and a cinnamon. My son has #5 resi for this weekend at Banos for the Jr hunt. May go to Mendota for Sunday but have to see how Banos does.
I met 3 people I hunted with on this chat fourm. I would like to thank you guys for a great time. I usually hunt alone and my knowledge of the areas were minimal at best. Thanks for showing me around and if you want some excellent Dove hunting all on DFG land drop me a line. For now, pack up the deeks, wrap up the waders and break out the surf boards. ALOHA!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tstrong,
Put in another all day shoot again? Gotta hand it to you, you are dedicated. Hope your son has a great time this weekend! For Sunday maybe you should try Kesterson. They shoot out of blinds and it would be a new place. I don't know what the resi vs sweat line situation would be but maybe you could check it out if you finish early Saturday. I could E-mail you the maps if you would like. Let us know how the shooting was.
Talk to you later,
stalns

·
Registered
389 Posts
I would take your jr to mendota on saturday and sunday there are so many specks there its unreal. I took my brother there on a good year like this one 6 yrs ago. He sent me back to the truck three times for shells. It was incredible! There are so many birds on the mendota refuge it would be a great experience for u and your jr! The geese and ducks on a jr hunt dont even flair just come right in! I wish I had a jr to take just to film the action on the cam corder! Have fun!

I finished the season shooting three mallards and two specks with three cinnamons and a greenwing!
Not bad for a finale! I also was second in the resi line at mendota on saturday, It was well worth the wait though! :salude: :cool: :smile: :tounge: :yes: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
stalns, Hi i'm a fellow san jo guy. just wanted to say hi and that i check the ca site daily. Haven't had a thought to put down though... although it won't take long.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey ACEBLDRS,
Nice to hear from you! :salude: Seems like my posting slows down too during these days. Doesn't mean that I don't think about the ducks though. :yes: I see that you are a contractor. What kind of work do you do? Where do you hunt?
Talk to you later :thumbsup:

Gary

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Most of my work lately is Kitchen and bath remodels. But i prefer additions and new construction. My original trade is Framing.

I hunt mostly in Los Banos area. Refuges.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.