Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how did everyone do the last weekend? I got a couple teal and saw lots of wigeon and canadians but they were really call and decoy shy... Can't wait till next season! :umm:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad to see someone did better than me. I should have stayed in bed. Started out with truck trouble. We had to switch to an alternate plan and run up the river looking for a blind in the dark. Finally found one about the same time someone else was showing up to it. They were beligerant A-holes and to make a story short, instead of arguing with them over the blind we just left. Finally found a spot about 7:30. Didn't see a thing the rest of the day. At least I didn't loose any gear or get hurt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
not a thing may be my calling sucks even though I have been told im ok or my decoys are crap who knows.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got a TRIPLE on greenheads and my son nailed a suzy. Mostly drove around drank coffee and looked at places to hunt next year. Now the fishin' starts. Weather has been great.
Nova

·
Registered
33 Posts
my buddy and i hunted twice saterday once in the morning and both limited then went out for the evening and shot 11. went out sunday and 4 of us shot 25. we were pissing some guys off in one of the ponds about 150 yards away cause my buddy is one heck of a caller and he would steal the ducks that were circling over these other guys spread. i felt bad for them but jason said he can't help it that he's good.lol hope everyone else's last couple days were good.

vwguy2004

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vwguy2004 said:
my buddy and i hunted twice saterday once in the morning and both limited then went out for the evening and shot 11. went out sunday and 4 of us shot 25. we were pissing some guys off in one of the ponds about 150 yards away cause my buddy is one heck of a caller and he would steal the ducks that were circling over these other guys spread. i felt bad for them but jason said he can't help it that he's good.lol hope everyone else's last couple days were good.

vwguy2004
U know going out twice in one day does not mean u can get 2 limits. Its people like u that ruin duck hunting. Hope u get caught next time and they take your gun and gear and throw ur butt in jail.
:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
33 Posts
well, if you read in that fine little print there and you talk with a fish and wildlife officer LIKE I DID. it is ok to go hunt the morning, go home clean your ducks eat some lunch then go back out in the evening.

vwguy2004 :withstupid:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have always assumed that a daily bag limit is a daily bag limit and not a possession limit. Am I wrong here? I'm pretty sure you can't go out and catch your limit of salmon, trout, bass or other and go back out at night and catch another limit. Can you please point me to the fine print you were speaking about? I know it might be hard to patrol if you have cleaned and packed your duck away, but is it legal?

·
Registered
189 Posts
ya 7 per day, ya you can kill three in the morning go home and come back for your other four, what you did is poach a bunch of ducks and then you told us about it. your possesion limit is 14, your ducks you shot and your buddy that didn't want his he shot, or your other 7 from the day before, not 14 a day, if you shoot 7 throw them in a dumpster, eat them, give them a way, it's still your limit for the day. I don't care if god told you it was ok, I know lots of game wardens, I don't know what kind of "officers" you talked to, but what you did is POACHING, there is no fine little print either, you can watch them set the regs on TVW it's 7 a day, they almost lowered it to 5 this year, your 14 + 11 was nothing but poaching. you need your hunting priveledges yanked. :pissed:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow, so sad! I get to use my first post on here to inform someone that they are wrong. there is no way that you talked to a warden and he informed you of that, in fact if you did talk to one, you might want to work on your communication skills.

7 ducks per day, 14 ducks per possession. Thats it.
Why don't you call up the warden, tell him that you are sure you were legal, tell him if not then he should write you up. Tell him what you did, and then post up. :withstupid:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.