Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.....here's a question for you. My BRO and a friend and myself went out a couple of weekends back and killed 8 birds of which 4 were greenwing teals :D . The next weekend we killed 3 teals :? and this past weekend we only saw blackies and a few mallards. Now why on earth would teals still be hanging in Upstate NY with avg temps in the teens and singles at night and 20's to mid 30's in the day? Was this a fluke as if a few last birds packed in and went through or is this common in other areas....I have not seen this before? I always thought greenwings were season thin skinners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I shot 2 greenwing teal on Saturday and there are alot around our area still. We have had temps in the teens at night and the greenwings are still around in force. We saw some flights of 300 to 500 deep. I think the bluewing head out way before the greens do. I have shot late season teal every year and love it. Great sporting bird. hard to put a good bead on at times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hunt in Southern Missouri and havent seen quite the amount of teal as the past few seasons. Maybe more are staying north this year for some reason. You can guarantee they better stay away from me though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts