Duck Hunting Forum banner
4201 - 4220 of 4248 Posts

·
Registered
25,302 Posts
Humor is art, not science....
Now that is funny to me. Why? You are making my point when you think you are doing the opposite.

Art has a premise, a point of view, a perspective, it's in the eye of the beholder. All things that the individual can explain. There's no right or wrong, but there's a reason. The reason may be, I like it because that will impress my friends. It's all nonsense, but it attacks things I hate. All kinds of reasons.

Science is none of that. It's how why search for the truth. There's a right and wrong

For me when the setup, the premise, the key is nonsense, it's not funny.

I agree with this, especially "when the premise is bogus and normally hateful, whatever follows is not funny."
And that is why most good humor is based in the truth or fact. The twist on it makes it funny, but as you said, when the premise is bogus and normally hateful, whatever follows is not funny.

Like when the Sexual Predator tried to tell the joke about Rush Limbaugh sticking up for someone. I cannot remember the set up, but the punchline was- "That's only because she was attacked by a black guy."

The premise for the ignorant who thought it was funny and hated Limbaugh was that Limbaugh was a racist because he was conservative and did not treat minorities with kid gloves. Those who actually listened to him knew he treated everyone equally. Heck, his call screener for thirty years, and two of his best guest hosts were black. Not quite the actions of a racist.

·
11,969 Posts
Hair Chin Photograph Vision care Goggles

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
That was hilarious. :LOL: Maybe the reporterette has a hearing disability. People shouting F*** Joe Biden became Let's Go Brandon. I guess they have the same number of syllables.😅

4201 - 4220 of 4248 Posts