Duck Hunting Forum banner
4301 - 4320 of 4558 Posts

·
Registered
25,475 Posts
I can definitely see it identifying the Mooch as masculine, but not Serena.

There is quite a difference. :rolleyes:
Serena is an attractive woman, but she does have guns.

The movie about her and her sister that just came out with Will Smith playing their father. Really interesting movie. I always assumed they came from a fairly well off background. It's tennis after all. They truly were from the freaking hood. Makes their amazing accomplishments even more extraordinary.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
True. I have not seen the movie but saw their father interviewed a long time ago, and basically he guided them to tennis as he thought that was their best opportunity to be at the top of the sports world, and he was right.

The Mooch on the other hand, grew up in an upper middle class home, the daughter of company executives. She then did what most good lib women do, and hitched her wagon to a guy on the move and raked in the perks of being politically connected, such as her $315K per year job at the Univ of Chicago as VP of Outreach. Whatever that is.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
Dang. Okay, I went down the rabbit hole and found that Serena spoke French to the crowd at the French Open. And though I cannot be the judge as I speak only Hillbilly English and broken Spanglish, she sounds relatively fluent in all of the languages, though I am certain many of the French were insulted as that is their nature.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
I can only muddle my way with Spanglish if I can get the other to slow down. Other wise I am twenty seconds behind, trying to translate.

Highjack warning. My kiddos had Spanish infused into their education from Kindergarten on, including a couple years of actual Spanish class. None can speak a word of Spanish other than the colors, and obligatory "Donde esta el bano? (Where is the bathroom?) and Tomare una cerveza (I will have a beer).

I remember the focus in their classwork was always on writing which in my view is the exact opposite approach for learning. Learn to speak it which is valuable because how often will you need to write a letter with proper punctuation including tildes and upside down question marks. Like never.

4301 - 4320 of 4558 Posts