Duck Hunting Forum banner
4741 - 4760 of 4795 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
You get what you vote for. Sadly, people are so dumb that they are not able to connect their rolling blackouts to the idiotic energy policy thrust upon them by their dear leaders. Did anyone else notice that Hairgel Newsome was wearing a coat from his very air conditioned office when telling the useful idiots to sit in the dark and sweat?
He’s not gonna suffer
He’s the me and not the thee crowd
You guys sure you're talking about the correct politician?

·
12,185 Posts
Is Ted pushing the liberal Green Agenda BS

I think not

how much you think Obama made off Solendra?

·
Registered
25,556 Posts
U.S. Senator Ted Cruz Receives Tri Global Energy's 2019 Wind Leadership Award

Tri Global Energy, a leading U.S. originator and developer of utility-scale wind energy projects, today announced that U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) is the 2019 recipient of the Tri Global Energy Wind Leadership Award, recognizing commitment to wind development and to the people who rely on wind farms to support their families and communities
Texas loves the corporate welfare coming from DC too.

West Texas bought into this BS that it would be great for the state to tap the vast wind resources. Problem is what they experienced. It is extremely expensive if not impractical to be a system that is 24/7/365 reliable with a lot of wind. Natural gas has a different set of common mode failure issues that were also exposed in Texas.

Power plants need to be reliable and independent of one another to build a reliable system. Wind is neither reliable nor are they independent of each other. Natural gas is reliable, but they rely upon the same pipelines and other infrastructure.

We generally prepare for the 100 year flood (estimated probability of 1% per year). Having a blackout is not as bad as a flood, but it time and duration can be quite destructive. We need to make similar risk assessments. What weather events will take the system down and how frequently. One big difference is that it is both a mix of energy supply and energy demand. Both of which are dynamic with energy demand growing and energy supply both growing but also evolving towards these more unreliable systems with common mode failures. We can make gas more reliable. It's an engineered system. There is only so much we can do to make wind more reliable. We can reduce icing issues. We can't make the wind blow.

Texas politicians are generally guilty of letting wind energy make their system unreliable. Cruz seems to be one of them.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
You guys sure you're talking about the correct politician?

What an interesting and bizarre attempt at conflating two very different things? No doubt echoing something heard on MSNBC or CNN. :rolleyes:

Joining your family on vacation which coincidentally happens during an ice storm is oddly equivalent to HairGel telling people to sit in the dark and sweat.

Now that is called a long reach. :LOL:

·
Registered
25,556 Posts

At a minimum it looks bad. He is a U.S. Senator. Maybe he could be helpful during the crisis. "Sorry, I have a vacation scheduled or I'd help." Really.

He's vastly better than the idiots in the Biden administration, but he ain't perfect. He bombed supporting all those windmills and he bombed heading on vacation when his constituents were suffering.

·
Registered
25,556 Posts
I agree, but nobody is right about everything and he has been wrong about wind power in Texas.

Issue by issue should be judged as right and wrong. Not, he ain't one of them so we disregard his mistakes. We all make them. Best to be called out on them.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
At a minimum it looks bad.
And that is where it ends. Going on vacation with your family, even during an ice storm, has nothing in common with thoughtfully sitting down to explain to your useful idiots that doing without electricity is good for them and the Earff, so get used to it.

And while this may be construed as defending Cruz which it is not, when Cruz realized the optics of "feelings" was bad, he burned some CO2 and returned. HairGel told the idiots to save the Earff by embracing their new middle ages lifestyle while he took a private jet to DC to see if he can be the Heir Apparent when Creepy Joe is wheeled off to Sketchy Acres Retirement Village.

How these are conflated is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm not familiar with Cruz being pro wind. Is it true he's been helping with that or are the leftists trying to make him appear bad to conservative voters prior to the midterm elections? I don't think he's up for reelection. I could see the RINOs being on borad with that, but not really Cruz as much.

·
Registered
25,556 Posts
I'm not familiar with Cruz being pro wind. Is it true he's been helping with that or are the leftists trying to make him appear bad to conservative voters prior to the midterm elections? I don't think he's up for reelection. I could see the RINOs being on borad with that, but not really Cruz as much.
Texas has the most wind of any state.

From the link I provided earlier on him receiving the wind leadership award.

"I am honored to receive this award," said Senator Cruz. "Texas leads the nation in both renewable and fossil energy production, and I'm proud to represent a state that understands the importance of utilizing all forms of our energy resources. Harnessing the power of wind in Texas has not only created jobs and helped grow our state's economy, but it has broadened and diversified our energy production to support our nation's energy independence for future generations."
He's showed up and accepted the award.

Do I blame people for taking money that the feds are giving away? No. Play by the rules even if you think they are wrong. Has he voted for the subsidies? I don't know. But a business taking advantage of the ****ed up tax code and government handouts is one thing. A Senator praising an industry that lives off the back of taxpayers is not a good look.

If you are voting for politicians because they are good, you are sadly misguided. It's ALWAYS about who is the lesser of evils. That's why small decentralized government is so vital even if the best politicians in the country always have the power. The best ain't that great.

If you don't want to vote for the lesser of evils, you don't get to vote. You have to let everyone else decide for you.

4741 - 4760 of 4795 Posts