Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what laydown blinds you like better? Final Approach or Avery? I am going with Avery but the gooseview brands look good. just asking you guys what you prefer and your experiences. good huntin'

·
Registered
33 Posts
Finishers have NO ROOM!!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
and $60 more is not very much at all for a far superior blind.
Have you guys ever hunted out of a Final Approach Eliminator Pro-Guide??
I have hunting out of both. FA all the way!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with Goosehunter04 :withstupid: When it comes to lay down blinds you get what you pay for. The Final Approach Eliminator blinds are some of the best on the market, and they blow the Avery finisher out of the field. The Eliminator has a full-length frame, where as the finisher frame only goes to your knees. If you're a small guy the full-length frame may not matter to you, but I am 6'6" and that full-length frame and longer opening in the blind is extremely nice. The finisher's frame has a hinge in the middle of it, and is makes the whole blind unstable, where as the Eliminator frame is rock solid. The doors on the finisher are not spring loaded, and the shell bags location is not adjustable and is hard to get to if you are a bigger person. Even the flagging holes in the finisher suck they open up with a weak zipper that is almost impossible to open when the blind is stuffed with stubble. The gun rest on the finisher is not padded, and there is a sharp corner by the gun rest that scratches the $hit out of your barrel. The finisher has no room either. When I am hunting I have a small cooler, a shell box, and a couple of light coats in my Eliminator. I cant fit any of them in the finisher. The Eliminator is only $60 more than the finisher, and if you buy it from Cabelas before the end of the month you get a $75 cash card.

FA all the way!!!!!!!!!

G

·
I have to agree that the Final Approach blinds are definitely worth the money. I have a FA X-Lander( I wish I had bought an Eliminator or Top-Gun) and I talked my hunting buddy into buying a Finisher this year. It is terrible!! I keep all of our hunting gear at my house, and I went to put his blind in the storage shed this weekend and I couldn't believe how cheap this blind is. Both of us are big guys and I thought that the Finisher would be a better blind for him that the X-Lander. I was wrong!! I would take the X-Lander or the Finisher anyday. I got in the Finisher to see how it felt and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was. I have had 3 back surgeries, so a comfortable blind is a must for me. I wouldn't last an hour in a Finisher. Spend the extra money and get a FA blind.....you won't be disappointed. FINISHER :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The power hunter may have a low profile, but it is hard to get in and out of, there is no room for anything, and you gun has to sit outside. I don't know about you but when it is raining I don't want my gin sitting out in that. Get a Final Approach!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Save your money and don't get a poewr hunter. Should've got a sleeping bag instead. Same thing only the sleeping bag would be warmer. I have a power hunter and speak from experience. Wish I would've waited, cause I could've got 2 brand new finishers for $300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently hunting out of a finisher. I am 6'6 and 330 lbs. I have trouble with shooting out of the finisher :pissed: because of shoulder width(power lifter). I tried my buddies eliminator, way more comfortable to shoot from. If you are a smaller guy, finisher is not a bad blind, especially for the ALOT less room it takes up(collapsible and foldable). The shell bag IS movable(velcro). But if space is not a concern and you need more room, eliminator is great. Cabela's interceptor is also very comfortable, cheap, but takes up a lot of space as well, unless you break it down which is time consuming. It also has a thinner shell, so I don't know how well it will hold up over time and it is colder to hunt from than eliminator. Migrator blind is spacious but stands up 19 " above ground. :eek:, that's why I stayed away from it. My new blind: FA pro guide, being delivered now. Gas em! :yes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought the GooseView X-Terminator blind this summer. I like it....... But I am a large man. Not good. The blind is only 26" wide. When I was working some birds the doors flew open. It is either loose some inches ( dont have that much to loose) or buy a wider blind. I found out today I could have bought one for the same price but 10" wider.

Think I am gonna send it back and get the FA Eliminator Pro in field brown. I figure I cover the darn thing up with Nat Veg anyhow so who needs camo. I may even use some of my Guillie material to break it up.

While I am thinking about it..... Dont buy Quack Grass or some of the other stuff. Save yourself some money and go buy "Raffia" from your local craft store. Dont get me wrong, its a good product but you can save yourself some dough.

C Dubb

·
Registered
250 Posts
the guy that i guide for just bought some new layouts. we got rid of the avery's. the ones he bought have no metal frame in them. they are real nice and fold up to the size of the foam wedged that your back is one. i wish i knew the name of them for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.