Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I use a Final Aproach Eliminator Pro guide and i love the thing. sometimes i dont even have to put vegitation over the mossyoak shadowgrass camo because the geese come right in no matter what. So the is just my $.2 :thumbsup:

· Registered
10 Posts
I use the Cabelas Interceptor or a Fred Zink Finisher ( i own one of each) and the interceptor is a GREAT blind 4 the cost i would say its prolly better than the Finisher!!..............And i always keep fast grass on the blind :thumbsup:

· Registered
142 Posts
I really like my Finisher. It folds up and down very quickly and when folded down it's just a little bigger than a golf bag. However, I'm a very tall guy (6'9") and I barely fit. I should have gotten the Migrator. It's bacically the same as the Finisher but bigger.

I have a Cabela's Interceptor too and I don't care for it. I gont it the first year they came out and it has shiney aluminim on it, it takes to long to set up and the camo color is poor. It seems to be OK if you keep it mudded well and paint or tape the aluminum.

I hear good things about the Power Hunter blind. It is completely mesh in front which makes it very nice for calling but it is like a sleeping bag.

A buddy of mine has a Gooseview Destroyer and I really like that one too. Matter of fact, if I was going to buy another one that would probably be the one I'd buy. Like I said, I'm a really tall guy and the Destroyer has room.

I've seen or laid in just about every blind available and for the money the Finisher is probably the best all around layout blind in my opinion.

· Registered
24 Posts
I really like the Finisher for comfort, but my Power Hunters have seen more use because they of their low profiles... in fields where cover is limited, the Power Hunter is my choice. I will also be putting these into play next year in some of my duck hunting situations where there is a lot of exposed shoreline. If the area I'm hunting has enough cover and I don't have to walk in, the Finisher is the blind I turn to.

· Registered
83 Posts
I got a finisher for my bday and xmas this year havent used it yet buy my buddy and I shot trap out of it just to get the feel for shooting out of it so far i have no complaints :getdown:

· Registered
83 Posts
its pretty challenging we have one guy throw and say take em while the birds in flight so ya have to find it and then shoot its a twist to shooting and really fun.

Chad

· Registered
56 Posts
I have a Power Hunter, a Shawn Stahl Migrator, and a Final Approach Eliminator Pro Guide. The Power Hunter is the most portable, however the hood thing sticks up alot and you can't see out of it as well after you stubble it or put grass on it. The Eliminator is the most comfy, but it is a major pain if you have to pack it in. The Migrator seems to be the best for all purpose use. It isn't as easy to set up and doesn't have the neat little pockets like the Eliminator, but it's lower profile. It's much roomier than the Finisher. X-landers have the flap that isn't spring loaded, so it lays on top of you. Plus your head is pretty much all the way exposed. My suggestion would be to go with the Migrator.

· Registered
59 Posts
I don't know if any of you guys have heard of Fisher Beavertail, but they make a blind called the "Comfert zone". My buddy bought one last year and I kind of laughed at him when he brought it out for the first time because its so simple. There are no moving parts and it is bar none the most comfertable blind made. I've got a couple of the blinds mentioned but this is one that I will have this year. [edited] check it out because I'm no longer laugh'en at my buddy, he can have his blind completely grassed before I have mine set up alot of times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.