Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll! This is the hunter formerly known as kentcallahan. I caught so much grief at the disabled hunt that I changed my name. Anyway, I'm thinking about buying a layout boat for small water, and wondered if anybody had any reccomendations. I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

kentcall, uh, LabsR#1

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jealous, Jealous, Jealous!!!!!!! Hey, Bro! What's going on? Haven't talked to you in a while. Where did you get your boat?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
found it behind my buddies barn. a little cleaning and it works great. Its the weigeon(sp way off) this yea i plan on painting and making a blind for it so i can use it in the marsh. We use it as a sneak boat 90% of the time.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry, Brad! I'm gonna give you some lessons like you begged me to! Cookie, don't be hangin' around him too much! He's a bad influence!!!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Like your new name and I must say.... I agree :thumbsup:
You may want to check out the Otter line of duck boats. I have a 1200 and love it, they also have several versions of that line of boats. I guess, with you son being along"two man" would be in order :huh: Good Luck in you search, take you time, lot's to choose from :wink:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
LabsR#1 said:
Hey ya'll! This is the hunter formerly known as kentcallahan. I caught so much grief at the disabled hunt that I changed my name. Anyway, I'm thinking about buying a layout boat for small water, and wondered if anybody had any reccomendations. I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

kentcall, uh, LabsR#1
Welcome back Buzzard buster :yes:

Just wondering Detective Callahan.....you say you caught so much grief at the disabled hunt......were you calling and they thought that was your disability :rofl:

just kidding......you would be welcome in my blind anytime :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hey kent have you looked at any of the plans to build a sneak boat?Most dont look like theyd be all that tough and most seem easy enough to modify to get the best features out of all of them :thumbsup: .....Ive been looking/thinking,as my boat fund was just reset to$0 :yes:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I haven't, but thought about that yesterday. My problem is I'm about as handy as your average third grader. I will still look, though. There might be something even a clutz can do. Let me know what you find. Later!

Kent

·
Registered
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I have a DU Rag May/June 1986 that features a article called "From Derelict to Duckboat" by Larry Nickel - with new duckboats ranging in price from $800. to $2,800, you might consider converting an old rowboat, sailboat or runabout instead.
Junk fiberglass boats can be found a dime a dz. . The hull is good so all you would need to do is to cut the top half off and build a watertight top that grass can be added to it .
Here it is but not sure how it will come out .

:thumbsup: LD :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts