Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you Lease land for huntin waterfowl..?? Im not talkin the uhhh wetland type places..... im talkin like private farm ground near waterways....??? im curious what the prices should be..???

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
It all depends on the set up. For a good blind where the pumping is done for you, and you basically show up with decoys, I have seen them go from $3000 to $6000 per season. For places that may require you to provide your own pump to provide water, I have seen them for about $1500 per season.

You should drive out to the area you want to hunt and just go door to door asking questions. Farmers are not very good at marketing their product (hunting leases). Sometimes great places sit empty because the farmer has not heard from anyone and hasn't bothered to advertise it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price can vary quite a bit. $3000 for a pumped lease seems about normal. With the price of good leases getting so high, I've seen a trend in shaaring them between a few guys and alternating days. I neverthoughtt this would work, but we've done it twice and had no problems to speak of.

Anyone out there that would consider sharing the cost of a good duck/goose lease?

Jeff

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any experience with dry land near a reservoir..??? such as a wheat field for geese..??? Hopefully maybe at least this year it will be wet enought to not pump water....and they wouldnt pump water on wheat field anyway... ??? Anyway thanks for the info... uhhhhh does get spendy huh..??? Might hafta start some kinda share dealy...??? thanks again..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be careful of spending to much on a wheat field or any kind of "dry land". Geese and ducks are so flakey when it comes to feeding it's getting harder to decoy them if they haven't already been using that field.

But you never know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts