Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has ever been posted before. But I am curious. Are you a common, old, boring, run of the mill right hander? Or a highly intelligent, good looking, super advanced left hander? Like most left handed people are. If anybody is wondering if I am trying to stir the pot (I have to explain this to right handed [slow] people...this is all in fun) doggone right I am. Everybody knows left-handers are better hunters anyway. I present this topic purely out of boredom and my own entertainment.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
i don't have any arms and do everything with my feet....top that. :toofunny:

actually, i'm right handed..ugly, couldn't hit the side of a barn, and darn stoopid.

seriously though...you seen those people do that stuff with their feet?? dang amazing. :eek:

·
Registered
796 Posts
swamp, one time on OLN I saw a tournament angler who fish with his feet. He had not arms and could cast a bait caster DANG good with his feet. He caught about a 5 pounder in the video! It was sweet and the camerman drove the boat for him. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is impressive. But the real question is...is he left footed or right footed? I would guess anybody with that much tenacity and drive, would be left han...footed.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a spin on this. I am left handed, and an accomplished shot with any weapon in my hand, most successfully, a rifle. My Rem 700 .223 varmit rifle (really just an out of the box rifle with decent, not expensive optics) I'll hold a 2in group all day, with factory ammo, better with hand-loads or match, just a ragged hole about the size of a silver dollar at 200m. As for wing shooting, a box of shells lasts me 2-3 hunts with full limmits mostly, but maybe thats just taking wise shots. Don't mean to be blowing my own horn, but I think more than anything with my success has been practice....I shoot 2-3 times per week, a minimum of 2-3 hours at the range each time. I shoot NRA high-power matches, IDPA and 3-gun also. SO........really, if anyone practiced as much as I do and took it seriously, they'd be a pretty darn good shot also. As for being a lefty, I am an accomplished artist, (I'm in the right state of mind ...ha ha.......ha .ha) As for good looking...well, it landed me a better looking wife than I deserve. Heres the weird part of this though. Me AND my wife are left handed...so are our 3 boys, we didn't teach them that way, they just started doing more with their left...writing, eating, brushing teeth..........and to top THAT off, for me and my wife, everyone we have both ever dated have been left handed also.....pretty crazy huh??? As for my boys being lefties.....my oldest likes to fish, not really into shooting, but my middle boy he's 7, and in a year or so we're gonna be comparing groups and makin wagers, he shoots each and every time I do and he's pretty damn good, even by adult standards. My youngest....he scares me with a rubber-band, let-alone a firearm, so we'll see...........

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Snafu, I think yur smokin them left handed ciggarets :toofunny:

Right handed. Two guys on my skeet team are leftys though. The one guy carries about a 24 avrg. with .410 so lefties are O K shots.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Left handed smokes... ok that was funny. Considering leftys have had to overcome guns built for rightys. I would say leftys are a little better than "OK". Like shocktroop said, pratice is what it ia all about. But this is what I think just from what I have read. Leftys are more visual and better at judging distance. This would be an advantage. However we are more emotional, so we tend to cry more when we miss. So if you have a lefty with you...bring a tissues with you. :mrgreen:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.