Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that after an hour in the morning action seems to slow a bit. We wil often times shoot once in a while to get the birds up and flying again.
My proposal: One guy in everyone's party would shoot every half hour, on the half hour. I think if everyone did this, it would benefit all.
Let me know what you think of this idea and post it here for all to see and ponder.

Thank you,
mustbeduckhunting

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Actually it is against fed law. Look up "rallying". Basically it is defined as purposefully chasing up waterfowl to increase the chance to shooting them, and that sounds what your intent is, so I would think it is illegal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all, thanks to those who helped me see "the truth" by explaining some of their reasons. That is why I posted it in the first place. It was an idea that obviously wasn't a good one, I can admit that. Live and learn. I learned I had a bad idea and what kind of response I can get from some of you.

To defend the reason why it was posted in more than one forum, it makes sense. The more forums, the more people see it and can respond, and yes, more quickly. If you know it is the same post, don't open it again. If you had a question about what kind of gun to buy, you would try to ask as many people as possible, as soon as possible. The more info you have prior to a decision, the better. In addition, the reason for more posts was not to have more people "agree with me", it was to get more feedback. Hearing other people's points of view is part of learning. That was the purpose here. An ethical hunter had a bad idea and will change his ways.

Thanks for the lesson,
mustbeduckhuntin

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
cross posting maybe?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Even if it was legal it might keep the critters so wound up they'd never work the decoys, in addition to maybe educating them unnecessarily. Used to hunt seaducks with a guy that would just shoot into the air if he was bored, really irritated me but that happens easily anyway. I started being busy when he wanted to hunt. His last time hunting cost me 2 days of untangling decoys.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Willie said:
Whew, this thread goes back 4 years! :eek:
I gotta start checking the dates :hammer: :hammer:
Don't know about the poster, maybe he's one of those guys that thinks if he asks the same question enough times the answer will change??

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
rmh said:
Willie said:
Whew, this thread goes back 4 years! :eek:
I gotta start checking the dates :hammer: :hammer:
Don't know about the poster, maybe he's one of those guys that thinks if he asks the same question enough times the answer will change??
This thread apeared when the captain was trying to bury the Tom's letter post, He must have just been randomly posting threads :rofl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.