Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
less than 3 months ago i had a bg double nasty 2 a whislte and a canada hammer 2 until i bought a acrylic watkins original off the classifieds and since then have become addicted to custom calls and have since started a small collection so here is what i have got so far and am adding on a weekly basis, so lets see what you have in your collections, josh

c and s preacher

c and s prophet short reed goose

watkins hybrid swamp bore

watkins swamp bore

watkins original

watkins swamp bore

winglock oldtimer

muddy paws wood duck whislte.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Nice looking Preacher there NCDucker - I can tell Mike's work anywhere. It's little wonder why he just won first place and call maker of the year at the NWTF contest.
I need to get a fancy one like your's sometime.
-Erik

·
Registered
212 Posts
fowl_wishes said:
duckbuster808, that GK Jack Miner call looks GREAT!!! Wish i could find a deal on one of those!
Thanks...I'm glad I spent the $250 for it when they first came out. They are beautiful calls and will be something to treasure forever.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking Preacher there NCDucker - I can tell Mike's work anywhere. It's little wonder why he just won first place and call maker of the year at the NWTF contest.
-Erik
thanks, it is a good looking call now im just on the fence about leaving it on the wall or putin it on the lanyard. almost to pretty to hunt,ncducker

·
Registered
647 Posts
NCducker said:
-Erik
thanks, it is a good looking call now im just on the fence about leaving it on the wall or putin it on the lanyard. almost to pretty to hunt,ncducker
NC, I would put that beauty on the shelf and save it for your offspring someday. Order up the same call from mikey in delrin or black acrylic and hunt the crap out of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Icelander513 said:
NCducker said:
-Erik
NC, I would put that beauty on the shelf and save it for your offspring someday. Order up the same call from mikey in delrin or black acrylic and hunt the crap out of it.
yeah thats probaly what ill do with it maybe take it out once and get a kill with it then put it back on the shelf,
i never thought id actually get into this call collectiong thing, its very addictiong lol i now look for more calls to add to it every time im online. ncducker

·
Registered
418 Posts
Beautiful calls! :thumbsup: Love those Watkin's and C&S makes some unbelievable calls.

NC, I'm in the same boat as you, my first was a Snake River CC stabilized, now I can't imagine ever buying a "run of the mill" call.

Here's a few of mine:

Clockwise starting from top left: JJ Lares Hybrid, Kelly's Kalls "Fencepost" double reed with ABW insert, Snake River CC, BG, SS2.

I've got a few more out on loan to a couple boys I hunt with, out of that a burnt hedge Winglock longeck and a Bourbon/Water Heartland Flatliner are my favorites.

Here's a couple of old Olt's I dug up:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trav28 said:
Beautiful calls! :thumbsup: Love those Watkin's and C&S makes some unbelievable calls.

NC, I'm in the same boat as you, my first was a Snake River CC stabilized, now I can't imagine ever buying a "run of the mill" call.

Here's a few of mine:

Clockwise starting from top left: JJ Lares Hybrid, Kelly's Kalls "Fencepost" double reed with ABW insert, Snake River CC, BG, SS2.

I've got a few more out on loan to a couple boys I hunt with, out of that a burnt hedge Winglock longeck and a Bourbon/Water Heartland Flatliner are my favorites.

Here's a couple of old Olt's I dug up:

yeah its addicting. like that srcc might have to look into geting one, ncducker

·
Registered
418 Posts
NCducker said:
yeah its addicting. like that srcc might have to look into geting one, ncducker
My first, but won't be my last, give him a buzz, he can do just about anything with stabilized woods.

Also, if anyone has any worries about hunting with stabilized calls, that one's been on my lanyard for three seasons and you'd never know it.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Icelander513 said:
Dayyum boys! You guys have some nice calls!

Watkins represent!
Two of the above Watkins calls were once mine!!! Even tho i plan on hunting with Tom's calls form now on. I will still replace my Watkins calls in the near future!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.