Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering your guy's opinions on mixing lifesize dekes and mag dekes in the same spread. Do you think it makes a difference? Would you mix them together? I have 3 dozen mags and 2 dozen lifesize dekes. Here in the early season I only throw out maybe 2 dozen mags, but with the late season flight coming down I want to have more dekes out. Just wondering if any of you have any tips. Thanks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes when hunting open areas or open water the mags and super mags give the ducks something they can see which will help get more ducks in you spread. Just like geese you use super mags and mags because geese have bad depth perception letting you use decoys that they can see from a very long distance away and not have them spook when they get close because by that time there on the ground and my barrel is smokin'.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks guys, pretty much confirms what I was thinking, believe me, my buddies and I have been battling on this one for a while now. I just had to post it to get some different opinions. Hey ol' yeller I really like the picture... Thanks for sending it.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Nothing like an constant echo-I agree with yeller again
:yes:
There is no problem with mixing life size and mags together from my experience. As for Smags and regs-well it does look kind of funny... but I am not convinced it would make a difference unless they have been gunned hard already and are being super finicky.

I use Smags duck decoys because I predominately hunt big water. At 100 yds you can not even see the white on reg sized Can decoys, 200 yds for mags and 400 yds for the S mags is all the distance I can see on the Smags on a windy day. They do key in on them easier in my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.